Do You Shop For Clothes At Target?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by JoshTheboss • Jul 2, 2014.

1. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    While some people think Target is Walmart, it's a bit different. They actually carry Merona, a decent named brand that used to have its own stores. The best part is, it's not expensive!

So, do you shop for clothes at Target?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do shop for clothes at Target. I buy t-shirts mostly. Every once in awhile, I will pick up a skirt or two. Target also has great exercise clothes. Target is great for buying flats for the summer. The quality is much better than Wal-mart.

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I shop for clothes at Target. I had a Wednesday meeting, and I went to a strip mall that had both Target, and Kohls. I visited both. I choose the outfit, and stockings from Target. I work with a bunch of snobs. I was often complimented by those same snobs. I like any store that offers a semi-professional look. That goes for Kmart and Walmart.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Yep. If you can make your dollar stretch as far as possible while still being able to satisfy those clothing snobs, then you really have the best of both worlds. I've found a lot of stylish things at Target, and I really don't care what other people think. As long as I can look nice and feel good about myself.

5. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I usually buy belts, purses and undergarments from Target. They are pretty good quality, they are cute and they are fairly inexpensive compared to many other name brands out there. Also, Target has really good swimwear, swimwear is one thing that you don't want to spend too much money on because the odds of you using it after the first summer are pretty slim, Target has some really cute swimwear that lasts all through the summer without blowing a huge hole in your pocket!

6. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I occasionally browse for myself at Target in the clothing section but never find much that strikes my fancy. Incidentally, I find a lot of cute clothes at Wal-Mart! On the other hand, I get all of my son's clothing at Target. They have a great baby section and they are always the first place I check when it's time to get a new season of clothing for him.

I will say that I feel Wal-Mart gets a rough reputation. I have never had a problem there and I think they have a great selection of products whether it be groceries or clothing. No one has ever looked at me and immediately knew that an item of clothing came from Wal-Mart. More often times than not, they are shocked to learn the truth!

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like to buy socks and underwear at Target. Occasionally, I also buy T-shirts or children's clothing. I don't pay much attention to brands but to the quality of an item. I have found some durable and long lasting clothes made of natural fibres for a lot less than I would have paid elsewhere.

8. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I've got the odd shirt or pair of shorts from Target if they caught my eye. I don't think I've ever went to Target with the intention of buying clothes though..

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Occasionally I shop at Target for clothing but not that often because when I do I always see other people wearing the same things I am, which obviously speaks to the style and durability of Target clothes. I tend to buy more basics than anything else, but every once in awhile will buy a thing or two from one of their designer collabs.

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Target for clothing. I feel the quality is great and as you stated Merona is a decent brand. I bought so many Merona pieces from Target that I lost count. The prices are reasonable and it's especially good to shop there and buy clothing when it's out of season. I get awesome winter pieces during the summer time.

11. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I do! I don't really go there whenever I'm intentionally buying clothes, but when I do my grocery shopping, I always make sure I browse through their clothes section as well to see if I find anything interesting. What I also like at Target is that you can sometimes find clothes as cheap as $6 and they last for a long time. It may not be my choice when I really want to do hard core clothes shopping, but it's always a nice option.

12. lilygracer

lilygracerNew Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Target. I used to not buy clothing at Target because I thought they weren't very cute. However in the past few years, I think they have done a really great job of revamping their style. I still buy juniors clothing even though I'm in my 30's. I just like how they fit. I think they are trendy without being too expensive. And the clothing seems to be pretty true to size. And they have a lot of sales on their clothing. I also like to buy the shoes. Also very cute, without costing an arm and a leg.

13. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    Most definitely! Target actually has quite a few good brands now. They are definitely not like Walmart. There are many big designers that attach their names to clothes at Target, and the variety changes frequently. Target has decent prices and great sales. Right now Target is offering 25% off on Women's apparel until September 1st. Also, Target (unlike Walmart) pays their employees fairly and has benefits for those full time, my husband worked there for a time and really enjoyed the experience.

14. Mochaisis

MochaisisNew Member

Threads:
    I've gotten some really nice things at Target, both for work and play. In the Misses' section, they always have a high end designer who has designed a line for the store, and I get alot of great things in that section. The Target brands, like Mossimo, always have really nice things. I have a dress by Mossimo that I bought several years ago, that I still get compliments on to this day. I love Target!

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I only shop for underwear and clearance clothing at Target. Some of their clothes are very expensive. I did find some cute jackets there in the clearance for $8 almost 10 years ago and I still have them! I do recommend trying on their clothes first because some of them are cut weird.

16. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve been pleasantly surprised with everything I’ve bought from Target. So much so that I would say most of my workhorse pieces come from there. That place is single-handedly responsible for turning me into a plain T-shirt fan when I’ve never really been one (but V-necks or scoop necks only, I still dislike crew necks). And most of the awesome clearance finds I’ve procured over the past few years have been from Target. I’ve never bought shoes or bags from there, but those are the only things, and that’s more because I’m not in need of them at the moment. I wouldn’t rule it out.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have a similar type of store here and I love shopping for clothes there. I am able to get a lot of generic items for very cheap,much as tshirts, and for other items that I may require more quality of, they also have better brands as well. I think it's great shopping at these stores since often people don't really notice if you're wearing something cheap especially these days when there's so many new and niche brands that no one really cares anymore to keep up

18. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never gone to Target specifically to buy clothes. However, every now and then when I go there and the clothing section has something that grabs my interest from afar, I go check. I have bought some tank tops from there that are very comfortable .

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't get Target where I am. But when I lived in the UK, stores like Sainsburys and Tesco had clothes, many of which weren't really to my taste. I thought the quality wasn't and, but the sizes were maybe a little too generous. Being petite, even if I liked something, I couldn't always get it. So I generally don't shop for clothes in a supermarket.

20. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I might buy some bras from Target. Other than that I might not shop for clothes there like I used to. Target was where I used to get some of my khaki pants for school uniform.