Do You Shop For New Clothes Every Season?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Jul 9, 2015.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don't. I tend to only go clothes shopping if I actually need something and not just because it's a new season and the stores have new clothing out on the shelves. This year I did actually go out and buy some shorts when once the summer clothes were out on the shelves, but it's been a while since I did this. Is it something you do every season, or not?

2. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh goodness no! I absolutely couldn't afford it. I also got some new shorts this summer but it was only due to my shorts from last year being a bit snug (oops!) and needing them and a new bathing suit for a vacation.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop for clothes on an erratic basis. Sometimes, depending on my future or immediate needs. I have the tendency to overshop and go beyond my budget so now I'm doing what I can to discipline myself and shop only when there's a need to. To stave off the temptation of shopping, I've learned the art of mixing and matching clothes so it doesn't look like I'm wearing the same clothes all the time.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There aren’t really seasons where I live, just wet and dry. So while I window-shop a lot, I only tend to buy clothing a couple of times a year, if even that. I do like to treat myself to something new once in a while, even if it isn’t exactly a need, so that usually happens around the holidays. And there are times that I do have an urgent need to fill a wardrobe gap, such as recently, so my shopping quotient will go up a little bit. But I try not to overspend.

5. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I cannot say that I buy clothes based on the season, but whenever I find something new and nice that I like I will buy it. If I'll find a great winter jacket in the summer, you can bet I'll grab it. If I find a great winter jacket in the winter, I will grab it as well. In time this adds up to a great collection, which won't need "upgrades" anytime soon.
    So, I don't only go shopping when I need something, because window shopping can often turn into an impulse-buy.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes only when I'm replacing the ones I no longer wear for some reason. Buying summer clothes at summer time will be rather expensive because the prices normally will be raised in anticipation of summer shopping. Thinking ahead can save you some money. Buy what you need in summer earlier in the year and so on.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy the majority of my clothes from charity shops/thrift stores so I am often bringing home winter clothes whilst it's baking hot outside and summer clothes whilst it's snowing. This does mean, however, that as soon as summer or winter begins, I've always got enough clothes to cover me throughout the whole season.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot afford that luxury lol. For me, I just buy clothes when I need them. When I gain weight, I buy clothes that will fit me. When I lose the weight again, I just use my old clothes.

Besides, I do not think our country has this seasonal clothes thing. Our seasons are only rainy or sunny. Sometimes alternating between the two for days. So it is better to just wear comfortable clothes that suit both season.

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Never. I only buy a clothing item when I can't get away without it, like its predecessor must go in the rag bag now due to wear or damage. I don't see any reason to get new clothes just because some stores think the styles have changed. I have not been in style since my parents gave me the freedom to make clothing choices of my own, so it doesn't matter.

10. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Yes! Clothes are definitely one of my weaknesses. I go through my closet every season and get rid of older stuff and take it to the consignment store and out that money towards new clothes! And I live in an area where the weather actually changes with the seasons so is either need a reall big closet or a lot of storage area and I don't have either lol.

11. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't just because that would cost me a lot in the end. I mean buying clothing every season would end up being a lot of money that I had wasted on clothing. I mean right now I have plenty of clothing that I don't need to go out all the time and buy some. I make sure that I take good care of my clothing. Which is why I'm sure I've been able to keep some stuff for as long as I have.