Do You Sometimes Buy Things Because It Is A Great Deal Even Though You Weren't Planning To?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, I see sales and buy things a bit on impulse although I wasn't planning to buy anything. Some deals are really pretty good, and if it is something I am going to need eventually like shampoo, I don't think it is so bad. I don't see a big problem with doing that..do you? If it fits in your budget..why not?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this a lot and I agree that it's okay especially for items you are most likely going to use in the future anyway. Sometimes I also buy luxury items if I think that they will be hard to find later on or if I think that the price won't ever go that low again, even if it's not part of my original plan and spending part of my budget on it might set me back a little. I think being a bit flexible like this is necessary sometimes because being too responsible all the time is a little too tiring so from time to time it's okay to give yourself a break.

3. Barbra_Klawsin

Barbra_KlawsinNew Member

Threads:
    I don't buy things that I won't ever use simply because it looks like a good deal. But, say, I have a good back up of a high-turnover item like shampoo, soap, condiments - anything where even if I have plenty I'm likely to need more - regardless of how much I have at home in stock I will definitely buy something if there's a good sale. But if money is tight and I see a sale one something I know I don't have to have - something that's more for fun or something I'm not going to use more than past the one purchase - no. I don't just buy for the sale.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often buy on impulse especially when it's something I need at a great price too! Often there are in-store specials of the day or other in-store specials that's a great bargain I come across when I go shopping. As long as I can afford this impulse item, I'll buy it!

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I see a good deal on something I may not need right now but will have to purchase it later, I will pick it up if the sale is a good price. I am saving money by purchasing the deal price and it will not spoil so before I need it.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always download as many of the digital Kroger coupons as I think that I might posssibly usse, and then I watch for items that are either on sale or even on cloeout. When it is something that we will use, like shampoo, and the sale is a big discount, it only makes sense to buy it, since it will keep and we will eventually use it.
    Sometimes, I find things that we like, but don't usually buy due to the expensive cost, like ssome seafood, and when I find it on sale, then we can enjoy a treat.
    This week, Kroger had the small watermelons at 3/$5 and they are usually that much for each one. We love watermelon, and they will keep for a while in the cool; so I bought three of them. I am sure we will enjoy eating them well before they get too old, especially when the warm weather comes back next week.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I confess to this sin. And although I am trying to curb my impulse whenever I see a bargain, my husband had helped me do so. One time I bought candle holders because of the elegant designs and cheap price. But I couldn't answer my husband's question - what are we going to do with it. Well, to be diplomatic, I reasoned that they can be good gift items. And that's what happened to those candle holders. So now when I am tempted to buy something that is not needed, I first have to think of an alibi for the purchase of such items.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think sometimes items are just too much of a bargain to pass up. I mean if you see a basket of clearance merchandise in the store,,and your brand of whatever, is there 50 percent cheaper than usual.. even.if you weren't planning to buy it..it just seems silly to pass it up.

9. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do this especially if things are on clearance. I do this on things that I use but may not need right away but if it is a good deal then I will not pass it up. Right now, it really is not in my budget so I have to ask myself if it is imperative that I get this. Sometimes, this helps but sometimes it does not. That is when I have to start rationalizing it to myself and to convince myself that it is needed. Lol.

10. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have done this many times. I have no problem stocking up on items that are nonperishable if they are on sale. I do this all the time with soup, pasta, canned items, toilet paper, paper towels etc. Luckily I have enough in my monthly budget to allow this and I also know that I'm saving money. My husband can't understand why I do this and get annoyed when he sees 10 cans of tomato soup or 40 rolls of toilet paper in the pantry. What bothers me is when I stock up so much and then I remember where I stored them or how many I bought.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it is something that I'll be using real soon then I might buy it if I know I won't get a better deal any time soon. But I don't make it a habit to buy things because there's some great deal. Since there always are deals, I can pass and hope that I'll find a deal that is just as good at a later date. To be honest, I hate impulse buying.

12. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If it's something I know I will use at some point in the future and I have the space to store it, sure, I'll buy it. I have 50 toilet paper rolls still sat at the end of my bed right now because it was buy one get one free on 18 roll packs, which were already half price! I couldn't resist that! I bought 72 for the price of 18. Sure they're sitting in the way right now but I won't need to buy more for weeks, if not months!

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do that all the time, but usually in auction sites like in Ebay. I really like the feeling of getting a good bargain, like buy one take one or winning an item in it's minimum bid price.

14. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Never.

I'm a minimalist.

Less is more. I could write more, but if you understand that, you'll understand why I don't. Minimalism.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do.Sometimes I wasn't planning on obtaining the item at that time but the attractiveness of the deal and the usefulness of the product, event if it though it would probably not be used immediately, had urged me to get the stuff although I had not planned to.