Do You Spend Money On Apps Or You Get The Free Ones?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by FenWoFon • Apr 20, 2016.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    The tittle says it all, I do not really like buying any APP in the store but there are some of them I would really like to buy, however I do not do it, I just go for the free APPs straight ahead, what do you do in this case?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think I have actually ever purchased an app for my phone. If you look for the right app, you can find some really good ones for free depending on what you are after. Is there a specific app you are looking to purchase?

3. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use the Google Opinion Rewards app which has a couple basic surveys that come your way every couple days. It's really simple and maybe 1-5 questions each, plus they pay you in Google Play credit. The other day I answered 2 questions about the brand GM -- do I know of it and what thought comes to mind when I think of them -- bam, 0.20 cents in Google Play credit. So between doing surveys, I don't really ever truly pay for apps, but I should also say I rarely find apps worth buying.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even if I was a millionaire, I don't think that I would likely purchase an app, or purchase some of the in-game features that come with many applications either. To me, it is jut a waste of money. Often times it can ruin a game or app, because it makes things too easy. There are also hacks that you can use to get some of the in-game paid for features.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just use free apps. Most of the time I will download apps and never use them so I would feel bad if those apps were paid for because I'd feel guilty for wasting money. I suppose if I came across one that I did need badly enough and there were no other options I'd pay for it and I wouldn't feel too bad for spending money as long as I know I'll get use out of it, but most of the apps I do need I usually can find some free alternatives for. Sometimes I'll be tempted if I come across free ones that don't seem as polished as paid ones but usually I'll give myself some time to think on it before making a decision and most of the time after a few days I find myself not caring that much because there are only a handful of apps I use frequently anyway.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    You download applications and don't use them? How are you able to do that? Most of the time I don't have enough space, but them again I suppose that everybody has different spacial habits when it comes to their smartphones, not to mention different size sd cards. I sometimes read reviews for paid apps, and there are all sorts of issues that happen to people, where people paid and did not get what they paid for. Then app support will not respond to them.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's no reason to buy an app if [and there always are] an alternative that does the same job just as well. However there are some apps which have no free alternatives and if you have to use the app then I suppose you'd have no option but to buy that app. For any other apps however, I always get the free ones.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know, I've never actually got caught in the whole apps things. So I have never bought one, and doubt very much that I will in the near future. I'm not saying I never will, though, I've just not seen the need to get one. However, my husband takes advantage of some of the free ones he gets on his iPhone, like the weather app, which in all honesty is pretty good. He also uses a banking app, which is very handy for use on the go.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a game app which cost me $6 and i have no regrets. The game is excellent and fun. I've been playing the PC version of this game long before the app was expanded into a mobile platform. But other than that, i haven't spend a dime on any other apps.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Do you think so? I mean, yes there may be different applications out that that all center around the same thing, or that do the same thing. But some applications out there definitely do it better than their competitors. Having said that, that is not to say that those paid applications are the applications that do it better than the free ones.