Do You Still Collect Stationery?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by sidney • Jun 26, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was in grade school, I was fond of collecting them, you know those papers that have designs on them and are used for writing letters? Now they are just stuck in my cabinet since writing letters aren't popular anymore and email and text messaging is more of the norm nowadays in communicating with people.

So I'm wondering if there is anyone in here that still collects them, like you still buy them? If yes, do you actually use them to write letters or do you just add them to your collection?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I just looked at my desk and there are TWO pen holder cups that are BRIMMING with pens that I have bought, picked up, been given, or just plain stole, from various places. So I guess you could say that I still collect them subconsciously.

If anyone runs a business then I can not recommend investing in pens highly enough, they get passed around so much in their life time, well worth the $0.60 they cost to make.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never used to collect it, but I always got some from my classmates a while back since I still managed to catch the tail end of the pre-digital age. I always thought they were very pretty and I loved writing on them, but nowadays I don't even write that much by hand anymore, so I've definitely forgotten all about these. I remember buying these for some of my friends as well whenever I passed by a good design I saw in a store, and I always thought they made for such great everyday gifts because it's so pleasant to receive and to look at.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't collect stationery myself but I know someone who does. He has such a huge collection of pens and pencils which he never used. He is an artist so at first I thought they were for his work but having never seen him use any of them I think he attaches some sentimental value to them.

For me though, since I don't do any writing on paper anymore, I don't need stationery so I can't be a collector.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You stole pens? Lol, where did you steal them or from whom did you steal them? Were they cheap pens or those were expensive ones like Parker or Montblanc?