Do you still send greeting cards in the postal mail or send egreetings?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Pocs • Aug 14, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    With almost everything being applied to our computers, smart phones or tablets, the need to send out a greeting through the postal mail is becoming less of a normal thing. Do you take the time to hand write a special greeting, attach a stamp and drop it in the mail? Or do you prowl the Internet seeking for that perfect greeting and drop it in the persons inbox?

I use both. Close family and friends get both, usually a cute funny ecard emailed to them followed by a sentimental card in the mail. For those people who may not be particularly close but warrant my attention, I send a nice ecard.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I use both. I typically send hand written cards for most things though. If I want to send a card to let someone know I'm thinking of them or just don't have an address I'll use e-cards, however normally I'll mail a regular card. I think it's more personal than sending an email.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I send cards and snail mail to my old relatives who aren't very internet-savvy. Something they can touch and hold will mean more to them, and I haven't suggested to them to get their own email account as yet.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Send postcards to the traditional way is a custom that I like to keep. Of course, new technologies have dramatically changed the way we communicate, and this is one aspect which has also undergone changes. However, for special events or important dates, I like to use traditional cards. I think they have something more meaningful and more faithfully reflect what we want to transmit. Both methods have their strengths. Human beings need to communicate, and whatever the medium, will be beneficial to keep in touch with others. My situation is similar to yours.

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    We still go the traditional way when it comes to special occasions (Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). A lot of the people we send cards to aren't internet savvy. Plus, that's the way we've always done it and so it's become a tradition for us. It also adds this personal feel to it when you actually hand write a message on the card.

6. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't even remember the last time I sent out a greeting card in the mail. I buy them to attach to bday presents for parties, etc. but never just mail them out anymore. The only 'cards' that I mail out are Christmas cards and birthday party invites.

7. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I havent in a long time. In fact I only buy one book of stamps a year if that.

8. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I only hard write a letter when its a special occasion suc has valintines day. One time I send flowers to my girl with a card on it written was "see you under the tree where we use to, from your great admirer." She really was thinking about those days when we still go there. Hand wrritten letters adds importance and it has personal tough on it.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've taken to sending personalised cards, so I set them up on the computer, but they're mailed out to the recipient. I usually include a photo, and think very carefully about the message. As I spend a lot of time abroad, it's also a good way of making sure loved ones get their cards on time.

is a great site. Although they only mail cards to the UK, you can send them from all over the world.

10. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I only send e-card to people. Only a best friend will receive an e-card via snail mail. Even so, I have not done that in a while. It is just faster and better sending an e-card. The varieties are awesome and the cost in time, energy and money is minimal. SO, now it is only e-cards if anything.

11. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I am still pretty old-fashioned when it comes to that. I like to send cards through the mail because I want them to have an actual card with my handwriting in it. I also like to personalize the cards with poems and drawings. An e-card loses that personal feel to me.

#11Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I haven't used the postal service to send letters for too long. I'm just using it to receive packages now :p

13. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    We always use the postal service to send out cards and things, it's much more personal and lasts longer than a txt.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still send greeting cards, postcards, letters and mail art. I think real mail is a pleasure to receive in the mail and I like to surprise people with drawings and small gifts. I hope snail mail doesn't end forever because it's a dying art and handwritten letters are special. Teenagers nowadays would rather send a text full of typos and text talk. Teenagers in the olden days sent long love letters that are in museums today. If I was a teenage girl, I'd rather get a long, romantic letter than a text saying "U hav a nice booty.'

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    The written cards take more time to write out, so I consider them more thoughtful. I like how easy it is to send a ecard it's fast and they can receive it the same day. Sometimes I'll still send hand written cards in the mail to give the mail people some work. I know times are getting slow at the post office, so I'll try to keep them working by sending my cards in the mail.

16. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I use cardstore.com. I choose the card at cardstore.com, and they mail it out for me. It's an actual card, not an e-card. I don't mind e-card, though. They are free, but I think cardstore.com cards are more special. Their customer service is great.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I send holiday cards via snail mail. I like giving a special touch during the holidays. For birthday, I usually send an e-card if they aren't on Facebook. If they are on Facebook, I use post a birthday cake along with a personalized birthday wishes.

18. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I mainly use greeting cards sent in the mail. I will even make some of them myself for that extra personal touch. I do occasionally use e-cards, but not that often. It's usually if I have for some reason not kept on top of things and it would be late if I sent it in the mail.

19. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I still send greeting cards the traditional way. I think its a great way to be creative with my wording and artwork. Most of the cards I send in the mail are made from paintings I have created over the years. I have sent a few egreetings in the past and no one seemed to like it. I try to personalize each card I send to family and friends now.

20. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    I usually use both types of cards. I generally send postcards for my close friends & family members. The idea of holding the card is just too special. I use the e-card for my official gathering, especially when a large gathering is concerned. E-card is for a more formal purpose.