Do you still wear a watch nowadays?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 11, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays we can easily tell the time using our cellphones and smartphones, since we bring them with us everywhere we go, and it's indispensable, so I think that wearing a watch isn't necessary anymore. In fact, I haven't worn one since 2002. How about you, do you still wear watches in this digital age of smartphones and tablets? Why or why not?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I still use a watch, I do so because I live in a very rough part of London where people like to run up to people who have their phones in their hand and relieve them of their mobile devices. I'm a bit a weird actually as I am left-handed but I don't have my watch on my right wrist like other lefties, I have it on my left. :)

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No, I do not wear a watch and have not since about 2002 or so. I just find no need for it as I can get the time everywhere else. I do think that many people still wear watches as they wear it as an accessory.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear a watch when I was a kid. The Nike watches were in fashion and they looked cool, I remember when I bought my first Nike watch at a mall in America whilst on holiday, I was so excited. I don't wear a watch nowadays.

5. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I still wear a watch. I prefer wearing it rather than just using my phone to check the time. My wrist feels so bare everytime I don't wear my watch. It's part of my accessories everyday. :)

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I always wear a watch. Ever since I got my Micheal Kors watch I have been wearing it everyday. I always wanted to perfect silver watch that was both classy and casual so that I could wear it with anything.
    I was very lucky to stumble upon his collection because I fell in love with the watches immediately. His watches are the perfect size and no wonder every girl now wants a pair from this designer.
    I think he is very talented and knows exactly what women want.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I wore a watch I don't wear them because I have my phone so I don't see the point besides something pretty on your wrist.

8. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I still wear a wrist watch when I go out, but take it off when I'm at home as I'm already surrounded by clocks. It's the only other piece of "jewelry" or accessory I wear so I really don't mind, and it's such a hassle for me to keep taking my phone in and out of my purse just to check the time when I have a watch that's easily accessible on my left wrist.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    This is also something I should have mentioned. Plus lots of people ask me the time in the street and to get the time on my phone I have to unlock the phone and then slide up the screen, where I only have to lift my wrist to see the time on my watch. :p

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope.

That's mostly because I don't go out and about any more, though. So it's not that I use my phone to check the time so much as it's sitting on my desktop at all times anyway. When I go out, I would still rather wear a watch, but that's really rare now.

11. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I have two brand new Ben Sherman watches lying in a draw, one has a small scratch on the face. I haven't worn them in a few months and need to sell them actually. Same thing with jewellery. I have about 5-6 rings and about 2 bracelets and a necklace that are sat in a small tin in a draw. Never worn them for years.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't, but just because the watch I used to wear broke a couple months ago. I think watches make great accessories.

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn a watch, even before cell phones were in, because I'm allergic to metal and they always caused me to break out on my wrists, so I never got into it. Back in 2005 I used to wear a pocket watch, though. I thought that was a very cool look. I don't know why I don't do that now, haha!

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Pocket watches! I didn't even think about those. Anyone can sure look like the classiest person in town when taking out one of those to check the time :p Although, you may want to stay away from the hipsters -- they're known for being overly attracted to them, especially if they're vintage-looking :cool:

15. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I always wear watches.. it is one of those accessories that cannot do without. I have a huge collection of watches. My husband loves to give me watches.. he is in the watch industry...LOL
    I love watches anyways. I always coordinate my watches with my clothes.

16. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I think a watch is still a necessity nowadays. It's more convenient to check your watch than to check your phone or laptop for the time.

17. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I love to wear a watch because it's only accessory a man can have.It's another thing that I don't use it for checking time.

18. justbuyflowers

justbuyflowersNew Member

Threads:
    I still wear a watch when go out. I have bring my cellphone to see the timing, but i like to wear a watch.

19. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn a watch in so many years that I can't remember when I last did! I only wear a watch when I am on someone else's time - meaning when working a job somewhere. The last watch I had ended up in the laundry somehow and I didn't realize until it came out of the dryer. That was the end of that since I haven't really needed one since.

20. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I really like watches and need to get me another one because the one I had broke. These days you don't see many people using them, but there are some who do. I think they are nice to wear and have handy when you need to know the time real quick and some watches are really nice. But I don't see as many people wearing watches anymore.