Do You Still Wear Straight Cut Pants In This Age Of Tight Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Jun 15, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, I do, and it seems to be acceptable to wear straight cut jeans as compared to flared jeans, lol. So how about you? Do you even have a pair of straight cut jeans? If yes, do you still wear them?

2. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    Honestly I actually forgot that I've owned straight cut pants before, haha. So no, I don't wear straight cut pants anymore. I remember the last time I wore them was when I was still in grade school which was so long ago. But there's nothing bad about wearing them now in, as you said, "the age of tight jeans". A lot of old trends have been resurfacing and becoming popular again so we'll never know, maybe they'd be the new "in" style in the next few months or years.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly wouldn't mind wearing straight-cut pants despite the fashion changes of this era. The problem is, hardly any store in sight sells them - unless you go to the men's section then you'll see all kinds of loose pants specially tailored for the male physique. A female's legs are rather small and they wouldn't look nice clothed in men's pants. I have straight-cut slacks, though, and they fit me well without looking too tight.

4. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I wear kind of a middle ground between the two. The Levi 511s are slim straight, so they have a skinnier leg, but are not as tight as straight up skinny jeans. It really depends on your body style. Some people can get away with older style jeans and some can't.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, you can't find straight cut jeans in the women's section anymore, but I think if you will buy the smallest size in the men's section then it can look not as loose. I know there are straight cut jeans that taper towards the end, but they're hard to find. As for slacks, they seem to never go out of style, but they look too "formal" for me for casual wear. :)

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I sure do!

I think the straight leg look is a classic. You won't always find them in the hip stores, but you can find them in department stores quite easily still.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few pairs of straight leg jeans and I actually prefer them to skinny jeans. Straight leg jeans are classic and I do not think I will ever stop wearing them. They are appropriate in just about any setting. I like the look of skinny jeans, but they start to get on my nerves after a while because they hug your legs so tight.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do wear straight cut jeans as I find them to be very confortable. The skinnny jeans can be a little tight and form fitting and tighter than I care for, the material hugging my legs so tightly irrates my skin.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, the tightness of skinny jeans is just plain irritating and uncomfortable. I'd rather go for flared or straight cut jeans! I wish flared jeans would make a comeback so that I can wear them again.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's funny that I used to absolutely love flared jeans. Now I just hate them LOL I much prefer straight cut and skinny with a stretch. I really like straight cut ones for the formal/ smart casual look. The most flared I'll do is boot cut. But I wouldn't be surprised if flared jeans come back into fashion again, and then I'll go right off straight cut and skinny jeans!. Fashion is funny like that!

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, I thought flared and bootcut jeans are the same, lol. I ought to google the difference between the two. Do you remember the time when elephant jeans were in fashion around 1999 to 2001? It looked awful, but lots of people wore them, even males!

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    I think there is a difference between bootcut and flared jeans, Sidney LOL I think with bootcut, it's somewhere between straight cut and flared, with just a slight flare. Now with flares, the sky really is the limit! I've seen ladies wearing some that looked almost like skirts hehe

I'll have to Google elephant style jeans! They don't sound good at all! I think I remember gorilla ones, though. Not a good look.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really was into flared jeans per se? I had the straight cut jeans when I was growing up. Didn't everybody? I was never a fan of bootleg jeans. They were always awful looking to me. I much much much prefer to wear the skinny fit jeans that are out today. They look so much better

14. shrinkwatson

shrinkwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    mostly it depends on my mood

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, When it was a fad they simply called it "flared jeans" over here because boots aren't even popular, lol. I think the wide ones were called "bell bottoms". I saw old photos of my parents and they wore it during the 70's! Elephant jeans look awful. Here's a photo:

@DreekLass@DreekLass, The bootcut style looks ok. Skinny jeans look good, but they don't feel better! Lol. Like what the others said, it suffocates the legs. :p

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    I certainly agree that skinny jeans suffocate the flash of the leg, especially for someone who may already suffer with dry skin on their legs. But they just look and feel better to me than other types of trousers, besides sweats. When I don't want to wear skinny jeans, then I will just don my sweats lol.

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m thinking of buying straight-cut black cropped trousers a la Audrey Hepburn. I tried a pair on and I liked them, but I kind of need a second pair of eyes to help me assess the fit. So I’m more likely to wear straight-cut trousers than jeans, but I wouldn’t rule the latter out. I guess it’s just that I’ve become kind of picky about a proper pair of jeans more than anything.

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    I don't own many skinny jeans. Out of the many jeans I have, I only have 3 pairs. I'm glad to say all of them are very comfy and let my legs "breathe" lol One pair is SuperDry, another is from Zara and the last if from Next. 2 are made of very soft material very unlike denim, but apparently it's denim! What's more, all three have a nice amount of spandex/stretch in them to make them comfy :)

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't just like to wear skinny jeans. I like for my trousers to allow for movement and stretching, but still like and want the look of the skinny jeans, which is why I have a couple of jeggings. They are jeans and leggings rolled into one. They don't have any pockets, but they are great.

20. Lushlala

Threads:
    I totally agree on that, DreekLass! But I'm struggling to find the right fit jeggings. I once saw a pair I absolutely adored on one of my favourite online stores, but by the time I was ready to commit to a sale, they were gone :( I've only ever had one pair, and I found them VERY annoying as they kept riding down, meaning I kept having to pull them back up! I guess it doesn't help that I have wide hips and a small waist LOL Do you ever have that problem?!