Do You Subscribe to HBO?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by nwitt • Apr 7, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I am curious how many people think it's worth it to subscribe to extra services such as HBO? We hadn't in the past and would catch up on Game of Thrones online a few days after it aired each week. This weekend, they had their free HBO watchathon on our Cable Network, which was awesome. We called just to see what it would be to add HBO for a couple of months so that we could catch Game of Thrones Season 4. It turns out they offered it to us for $10 a month. We couldn't pass that up. We can cancel at any time and can also take advantage of the $10/mo pricing for up to a year.

What are your thoughts?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's a really great price, what is your cable provider?
    I pay nearly $20 myself which I know is a bit expensive, but Game of Thrones is coming :)
    I'd love to give my provider a call and mention yours and what you pay, hopefully they can reduce my price.

3. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    My parents have HBO back in the US and my mother watches several shows on there, including Game of Thrones, so it's definitely worth it to her. Another perk of subscribing is having access to the HBO to Go app, where you can watch all the shows, including running and recently aired episodes. I used this a lot in college to watch shows on my laptop before moving to Germany. I'm a cheapskate though and usually end up just googling free sites to get my GoT fix. If you like to watch TV and think you'll watch more than one show, it might be worth the extra money!