Do you take advantage of coupons?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by andrew320 • May 31, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I went grocery shopping over the weekend and I purchased a box of cereal. Inside of the cereal, I was able to receive a free coupon for a two-litre carton of soya. When I went through the online registration process, I was also able to get a free coupon for some in-home GLAD scent. I thought this was great for only two minutes of my time.

Do you take full advantage of grocery (or other) coupons?

2. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    Yes, I love coupons! I try to match my coupons up with sales so that I can get the best bargain. I especially like the coupons for a FREE product. Right now I have coupons for free bacon, free lip gloss, free organic products, and free frozen juice concentrate. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes you get hassled for using coupons, especially the free ones. I have gotten some pretty good deals using q's!

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    We aren't very big on coupons here in South Africa, at least not that I'm aware of. We do however have promotors inside the stores that allow you to taste a product and if you decide to buy whatever they are selling you receive a coupon that allows you a small discount. I have to admit I normally decline these offers purely because I just wish to get on with my grocery shopping.

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I do try to take advantage of coupons when I can, often looking for them online before I go to the store. I have watched Extreme Couponing and I have nothing on those ladies! They are serious professionals! I admire them though, I wish I had that much time because it would be amazing to get that many groceries for free.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I try to take advantage of them when I can. I only use them for products that I was going to buy anyway so I only end up using a few at a time. I find the store brands are almost always chearper than a name brand item that is combined with a coupon.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't take advantage of coupons, but I know I probably should. I'm too lazy to cut all of those out, and it makes me feel like and old person to use them. My math skills are not the best, so I avoid them at all costs. I like watching Extreme Couponing on TV, but I couldn't do that in real life. It would take forever for the cashier to ring you up. I don't want to wait that long for groceries, I want to get in and get out of the store.

7. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I take advantage of coupons, like when I'm going to purchase that particular item anyway. For example, once I purchased some pasta sauce and I found a coupon taped on the lid of the jar. The coupon was for another jar of the same brand of pasta sauce. There are the kinds of coupons I usually use.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I definitely do make use of coupons. While living in the UK, I did not though. I remember getting so many free stuff with my purchases that I never even thought of coupons. The savings were unreal. Now, however, I do need to think of the cost of items as prices have gone up and where I am now, you really have to look at the small print. So, YES to coupons. For sure.

9. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I love coupons. I use them if its a good deal. You have to check the prices. I find that even with a coupon I am sometimes paying more for the same item that I would pay at Aldi's. So be wary. Make sure that you get an item on sale with the coupon for better deals.

10. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Couponing takes a great deal of effort. When the whole coupon craze started I clipped coupons, and attempted to do it. However, I'm not that much of a coupon nut anymore.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    For the most part, I don't shop at stores that I'd be able to use coupons. I buy a lot of things out of the butcher shop, meat, dairy and fruit section, so if there is a sale, then I'll go for it, but that limits being able to use a coupon. The times that I am in a situation to use them, I will if I have them, but I don't go out of my way to track them.

I was really good with coupons when I was in college, but I bought a lot more packaged food then.

12. anniza125

anniza125New Member

Threads:
    Nice Topic. Well, I love to do shopping online and the coupons sites helps me a lot. Because i can save money very easily so it was a good source of entertainment for me. I find some valuable shopping sites like

and much more.

Happy Savings...

13. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I thought I always was a "couponer", but in the past few months I've realized I'm going to have to get even more serious about finding coupons. It just seems like recently every time I go to the grocery store I am completely shocked at some of the prices. They have really shot up in past months and I had better find a way to bring some of those prices down, otherwise there are some items I simply won't buy anymore. So yes, if I read a magazine and it has some coupons, I'll take them out. I've looked at the websites for my favorite grocery and drug stores and I download their coupon offers. I've scouted around on the internet and found some coupon websites also.

I usually on buy something if it's on sale anyway and if I can add a coupon to the deal, then all the better. I will not be defeated!

14. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I try to use coupons and combine them with sales to get the best prices, too. I am not interested in being like someone one the Extreme Couponing show - many of the stores bend their coupon policies for that show and then regular shoppers are surprised when they can't do the same things. But still, it is possible to make a big difference in the food budget using coupons, if you have the time to do it. The other thing we are trying to do - out of necessity - to save money is to just not buy something if we don't need it. That's not much fun, but it really does help.

15. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I do not really take advantage of coupons because sometimes I think that the registration is a hustle and what I am getting is not really worth my time. Maybe it is just that the coupons I get is not really good like what you get guys. Maybe someday I could find a coupon that could really awaken my interest. :)

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with you. I'd like to take advantage of coupons, but I always find myself rummaging through pages and pages of things I wasn't going to buy whether they were on sale or not. I never find coupons for the things I intended to buy. Sometimes I think they reel you in that way, hoping that you'll buy something you weren't intending on buying simply because you have a coupon for it.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Absolutely. I don't spend a bunch of time on it any more and I'm surely missing out on tons of freebies because of it. I just don't end up feeling like I have the time any more, though, and I don't have the desire to be like those crazy coupon people. It's great for them, but I'd rather spend my time on other things usually. I'm pretty thrifty as it is, even without overexerting myself clipping coupons.

18. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't use coupons in the past. Most of the coupons are for things that I don't buy. But now, I can find lots of coupons for the items I like. Now, I search for coupons. It's so unlike me. I even have my friends using coupons.

19. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Not as much as I should probably. I don't go out of my way to hunt for coupons or anything like that but I do clip them from the papers when I see something I want to get. Besides I'm usually buying the store brands and they are a bit cheaper than the named brand stuff anyways.

20. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I try to take advantage of coupons when I can, have a bit of free time, and I actually remember to bring the coupon with me. I just wish I could take more advantage of them for better savings.