Do You Take Advantage of Flower Deals Ahead of Time?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by nwitt • Apr 14, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Many people send flowers for a birthday or get well present. If you've purchased flowers online, you know it can easily add up. I'm curious how many of you take advantage of flower deals ahead of time, such as stocking up on Groupons or Living Socials for 1-800 Flowers? I sometimes think to do this and then assume I will forget that I have a coupon!

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually never done this but it is a great idea. I feel like on any given day though, it is pretty easy to scour the Internet for good deals on flowers. It seems the online flower business is a competitive one, and at any given time, one or another is offering some crazy good blowout deal.

I don't send flowers terribly often. Usually just mother's day and my mom's birthday and so far, I've always found an affordable deal. I think now though you've got me considering looking to see if I can even beat the current deals I've been getting.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, it is a fantastic idea...if I were to ever think that far ahead to remember to take advantage of these deals and offers! I suppose I could try to now that I've got the idea in my head, but honestly I'll probably forget yet again.

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:

Good point. There is almost always a deal going on somewhere. If I don't have a groupon saved, I search all over for promo codes to find the best possible to deal. I just used Bouqs for the first time. Their claim is that they include shipping in the price of the flowers (either $40 total or $50 total depending on the size and types of flowers) so there are no hidden surprises. I picked out a beautiful 24 flower bouquet for $50 and used a first time promo code to get $10 off - so I spent $40. It's a tiny bit more than I'd normally like to spend on flowers, but I want to test out their service. My friend's birthday is this week and she will receive them in a couple days, so I will report back :)

5. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Oh I totally take advantage of this! My girlfriend LOVES flowers so when I order them ahead of time online it sure saves me a lot of money :)

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I definitely take advantage of this whenever possible- why not? Yes there are coupon sites and other sources for flower deals pretty much any time that you may need them, but it doesn't hurt to take advantage of other options here and there when you can.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't buy that much flowers as gifts but I used to. Back then we would just look for the cheapest flower shops but they were a lot harder to find back then especially since there wasn't any internet to look up the best places to go. There have been individual sellers I've come across that ga e me discounts if I purchased in advance prior to the holidays and that's as much discount as I've gotten.