Do you take breaks when you're in front of the computer?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by deathbyprayer • Aug 29, 2014.

1. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have too, my eyes would hurt otherwise. I tend to take a break in the morning, and then at lunch. I run my own Web Content Business, so I stop writing at 6pm and I don't work weekends. That way I make sure I spend time with my family.

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I use the pomodoro technique while working. Basically, you spend 25 minutes working then take a 5 minute break after. I find that taking frequent breaks helps a lot in staying focused and avoiding burnout.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I have other things to do at home but it still involves looking at a screen. There's nothing to do outside my home except walk my dogs around the block so that's why I end up being on it so long too.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I do every 20 to 30 minutes or so. Staring at a screen for too long is really bad for your eyesight. I take breaks and get coffee and stretch. Sometimes if I'm feeling sluggish I'll hop around or do some situps. Getting your blood flowing can reenergize you :)

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I generally try to take breaks since my eyes can't take the extended exposure, but when I'm too into what I'm doing I forget. Ideally you should take a break every hour so your eyes can have a rest and you don't get those dry eyes so common in people that spend too long watching a computer screen.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I don't get dry eyes but I do get this fuzzy sort of feeling in my eyes. I don't really know how to explain it other than it makes me feel tired like everything is going to blur.

7. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I usually take breaks every hour or so, without even thinking about it. I'll end up getting distracted with something else. If I'm working on my laptop, it's better for me to get up and do something else for 10 minutes to a half hour because I tend to gt really bored of it and I can't focus, but I've noticed if I take a break, I'll be good to go again after I take my mind off of things.