Do you think about death?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nikkishea21 • Jan 9, 2015.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I do not know if this is one of the weirder questions to ask of you guys but I am throwing it out none the less , Do you think about death?

I think about it all the time to the point where I am close to sitting and crying over it. I think of all my loved ones and myself who will be gone one day and what the feeling will be like for me and I wonder how it is that I would continue to exist if my parents, siblings, nieces or nephews should pass before I do. I always think that I want to go before them to be free of grieving for them but then I think of how they would feel especially my father, and this makes me really really sad.

I want to be buried only a matter of days after I die, I do not like the idea of funerals taking long periods to occur. I die today I would want to go down in the earth tomorrow. So many of my friends have passed, some really tragically and I think of them all the time especially those persons who went to college with me and passed before even getting a chance to work for a good period of time. It is really heart rending even writing about this.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The thing about thinking about it to the point of depression (even if just in the moment), is that you're mourning before they've even died. You're robbing yourself of happy moments that you could be using to enjoy your time here with them while you're all still here. Death is inevitable, you can't stop it, it's going to happen.. so why dwell? I think about death a lot too, but only to prepare in certain ways.. I try not to dwell on the sadness I'll feel when it comes. When you find yourself agonizing over these things, instead of dragging yourself down over some day missing them.. pick up the phone or visit them to get even more time with them. Time you WILL wish you had more of when they're gone, that you're putting towards missing them right now while they're still with you.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think about it more than I care to. For some reason I think about it a lot more lately. I am thinking maybe it's because I don't have a job. I have an irrational fear. I get scared of my passing because it could happen at any moment. I also get sad at the idea of those I care about passing. I have watched a show before on one of the educational channels about how we're getting close to immortality and ever since then I've been hoping for that because I can't imagine anything worse than not living anymore.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Death is inevitable and we will all die because our bodies aren't designed to last beyond a certain period of time. I do believe in reincarnation and also the external soul, so I don't see it as an end, but the transition to another phase of the cycle. I know people do mourn those they have lost or did not have a chance to say things to them or to day goodbye. Closure is important, but they can see and hear. I have a near death experience, and since then I don't fear death (I had a cancer scare and also nearly fell off a mountain) and it did change my perception. I know it's hard not to think about it, but others would want you to live your life and you always have the memories.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think about it a lot. I think about it everynight before going to bed. I think about it when I am sick or whenever I do not feel good. I also think of my departed loved ones. Are they having a reunion up there? Is there really life after death? I always pray for their souls every night and asked them to watch over us.

6. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I think a lot about death, but I guess I also think a lot about life :/ I think that it's normal for humans to think about it since it plays major part in our existence, but it can become dangerous when people get obsessed with death since they tend to forget about life.

7. Nickchick

Threads:
    Reincarnation seems more plausible but the problem is we don't know if that's what really happens. Plus even though it's the less scary option to me, it is still scary because what if you end up as a bug or something?

8. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I think about it a lot of times and sometimes it makes me feel paranoid. I'm really scared of death and dying. Sometimes just thinking about it makes me cry. I know it's inevitable and we will all go in our time. I envy those people who are not afraid of death and those people who seems so strong in facing the death of a loved one. My father died almost 8 years ago but until now, I mourn his death.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not thinking about death that much because I then get depressed. Instead of thinking about the day I die, I think of how I can live my life to the fullest instead. I want to do a lot of great things before I leave this world. I want to change my country for the better, and I want my name to be written in history. Some of you here may laugh about my dreams but those are the things that I really want to achieve in my life here on earth. That's why death doesn't matter much to me. I can die anytime, but it's how I live my life during my time here that matters. Hence, living life for my dreams is the most important thing to me.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why cry over something that is inevitable? Maybe you would like to have a look around and see how others deal and have dealt with death and loss over the centuries. Perhaps you would like to explore a certain spiritual path that will give you strength and insight, and, above all, a feeling that death is not the end, but a continuation of life on a different level, in a different dimension.
    We always walk on that fine line between this life and the other. There is no need to be sad and grieve, but an opportunity to open one's eyes to greater realities. :)

11. Nickchick

Threads:
    That's my issue. While the concept itself is scary, my life will be a waste. I can't even get a job no matter how much I try. I know it sounds stupid but the thought of never being able to earn enough money for myself is the scariest thing at all. People tell me don't give up but I don't have time to keep trying when it can happen at anytime. The worst part is I was diagnosed with GERD so I could end up with esophageal cancer.

12. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    It's partly understandable, but if you don't try you have already lost. If you life everyday being scarred of death, you aren't really alive. Life is scary and yes, death can come everyday, but that's exactly the reason why we need to life as long and as strong as we possibly can. I'm sorry you got diagnosed with GERD and I can't start to imagine how that must feel, but try keeping your head up and staying positive, it's the most effective method against these kind of things.