Do You Think Apple Extra-charge Their Brand?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by GenevB • Apr 21, 2016.

1. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    So, I have lots of friends who likes to say that they wouldn't turn to Apple, because they are simply over-charging for their products, because of the name of their brand, they use the expression "you pay for their brand" more than often.

Now, so far from my experience, Apple is simply superior to anything else on the market, even if Samsung would develop a phone with the same specifications as let's say, iPhone 5s, Apple's product would still be superior by far as an overall user experience offered. Even though Apple might be overcharging a bit for their brand, I still believe they are worth the money.

2. Jitters

JittersNew Member

Threads:
    Apple do release iBooks that have the same power as some Windows laptops but far more expensive.
    I have to say, the build quality on the iBook is incredible, all metal, solid and no offensive edges.
    But I still wouldn't pay more for a piece of kit that internally is no better than the Windows alternative.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My phone is a Samsung, it is actually my 2nd Samsung. I am very content with my Samsung because it has all the features that I needed - high resolution screen, good camera for pictures and videos. But I admit that an iPhone is far more superior than Samsung because it is a bit faster and maybe has more features. And if we talk of the price, I would go for Samsung any time for an iPhone is exorbitant to me. Why would I buy a very expensive phone that would be obsolete next year?

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All of Apple's products are overpriced. And they are overrated too. It's just that the company has been able to convince their customers that they are getting the "best" which isn't all that true because there are devices made by other companies which are just as good as Apple's products.

And as their products are expensive to repair I'll never buy any of Apple's products.

5. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    IMHO, buying Apple products is simply to show off your acquisition power. I mean, yeah, materials are great and stuff, but hardware perishes at the same rate, it doesn't matter who specifically made it. So, for the sake of your pockets, buy less expensive products that can do the exact same thing for a fraction of the price.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple is a status brand, but they do have good products. I would never get an iPhone or iPad because they are over hyped and expensive to buy and maintain. I have a laptop, but I prefer it to Windows which I loathe with a passion.

Other Apple items I have bought refurbished (iPod) or discounted with coupons, so it's possible to buy them cheaply with some work.

7. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I was an Apple user until Samsung graced my life. Apple phone isn't worth the money and you are paying for the name. Samsung by far is the best. I rather pay less for a phone that does the same as an iPhone plus more.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I am an iPhone user for years now and I've wonder other Apple products like the iPod touch and now the MacBook Pro. The verdict? The quality is great, as far as I'm concerned. My iPhone 5s has been with me since it was first released. I experienced some lagging and hanging for a while but with a factory reset, it is almost like it's brand new. The iPod touch I used to own worked for a while as well, up until my mom dropped it from the top bunk of the bed where it was. But hey, it still worked despite the cracked screen.

I just acquired a MacBook Pro now and I love it. It took me some time before I was able to get used to it since I was a former Windows user. However, once I got used to how it works, I loved it and never looked back. Its battery is astounding and can last the whole night for me even with typing and browsing the internet. I haven't had any lagging with it as well.

I used to have a Blackberry smartphone and a Samsung smartphone. To be honest, I prefer my iPhone compared to them when it comes to ease of use and durability. I think Apple products are truly worth their price.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, they say that you get what you pay for, so I'm not surprised that Apple is quite expensive. I have only owned an iPod, and I must admit that I'm pleased with it's quality. Right now though, I can't afford to buy a brand new Apple product, but I'm more inclined to look at 2nd hand ones. You can get an older 2nd hand iPhone model for around $75.

10. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    The Apple name carries weight and with that, comes brand recognition and loyalty. I know some people may get frustrated by the price of Apple products, but they need to understand basic supply and demand. Apple can only charge what they do because people trust and choose to buy their products regardless of price.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. They are not perfect by any means and their accessories especially leave a lot to be desires but overall I'd say they are worth the money because their products work very smoothly for a very long time and they last for very long as well. We still have an ipad 2 that can still play modern games without any lag or issues. I think people who say that it is just the brand you are paying for a re a bit misguided because there are loads of other benefits like ease of use and a very well integrated ecosystem that you can take advantage of for the extra money you pay, but it would agree that the price is probably much higher than it should be though.