Do you think badminton is fun?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Jan 3, 2015.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I think that it is and I also thought that it's easy to do those smash and hard shots. But when I was able to try it myself, I found out that it's not as easy as that. It takes some time with practice and of course hard work to become really proficient at a very skilled level And it's not just all about hitting the shuttlecock. It's also about strategy, well if you want that really good rewarding game.

2. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I am probably being biased since I am a league tennis player, but I prefer tennis. The reason is that you can actually control how hard you want to hit especially if you are feeling stressed. The sounds of how hard you hit will make you feel better.

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Heck yeah! I love badminton. Although, I tend to be more partial to racquetball. But with badminton I notice it's easier for the whole family to play. It's relatively easy to pick up and play, but of course, hard to master. It's especially fun playing at the beach.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like playing Badminton and of course I find it fun. I'm not a particularly good player, we play it for the fun of it. We don't play competitively, maybe that's why it's so fun. I like that we put technique aside, break out a sweat and just have a fun family time. We do the same with a Frisbee :)

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I totally love badminton and I think it is quite a lot of fun. I used to learn quite a lot when I was young but after some time I stopped using it. I think it is a awesome game.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Of course it's fun. At least for me that is. Badminton is actually a medium that allows me to socialize with my buddies over the weekend or during Friday nights. And since we are so stressed from the pressure of engineering school, an activity that helps us have fun while also releases the stress that we accumulated over the week is very fun not only for me, but for my friends as well.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like playing badminton for fun, not seriously. It's an enjoyable sport and more manageable compared to tennis, the rackets of which are so heavy and difficult to maneuver with a single hand. When the shuttlecock bounces from one racket to another, the process generates a certain rhythm that's easy for people - even non-athletic ones - to follow through. It can be addicting sometimes especially when played in an informal setting.

8. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I took training in Tennis when I was younger, and I've been a varsity player in many leagues of volleyball, so I've always be accustomed to playing sports with nets.

I've only recently played badminton, and I thought I wouldn't be good at it. But since I've had experience in similar sports, it only took a short while for me to get used to playing badminton. I found it quite fun, especially because I played with friends that were also good in badminton. I guess it wouldn't be hard if there wasn't any competition on the opponents side.