Do you think jeans will ever go out of style?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Danblu • Apr 20, 2013.

1. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    Jeans have been for many years a staple in the Fashion World. We've got brands that base their entire line around jeans, lighter or darker color, different cuts and sizes but in the end they're jeans.

Personally, I love jeans and my wardrobe's full of them. Many were the trends that came and are gone, fashion is ever mutating and people dress differently now from what they dressed in the 20's for example. Do you think jeans, as a constant part of fashion for decades, can too be a part of the past some time in the future?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that jeans will ever go out of style because they are just that one item in our closet that is a must have. Everyone owns at least one pair of jeans and these pants will always go with everything. I just can't imagine my life without a pair of jeans. This would make dressing in the morning very hard since I wear them the majority of the time(haha).

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think jeans will go out of style. I'm not a big fan of jeans, but I own a pair. I do like the fact that I can dress them up or down. Jeans are very flexible. That's probably why they will always be in style.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, jeans will never go out of style. Some people do not wear jeans but I think they will always be a staple part of the wardrobe for most people. The jean market is evolving with more people interested in top quality Japanese selvedge denim.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    God no, never. I can see them messing with the material too much (like I hate the stretch added these days.. it's getting harder and harder to find real jeans these days), but in general no. They'll change the look a million times over, but it's a staple for sure.

6. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    Are you kidding? Jeans will NEVER go out of style. They've even figured out a way for us to wear them to bed. I can't even imagine what these kids would be wearing if jeans weren't invented. Long live Jordache! Those were my favorite jeans back in the day.

7. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think jeans would ever go out of style. I for one have lots of jeans (shorts, jackets, pants, skirts). It is one of the most casual clothes there is in my opinion. It's also not hard to pair anything with jeans. A simple white or black shirt matches perfectly with jeans.

8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Jeans aren't going to out of style. The style of what type of jean is popular changes, baggy, cargo, stretchy, skinny etc. but denim as part of the wardrobe is here to stay i think.

9. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I don't believe jeans would ever go out of style. It's a staple item in everyone's closet and its very versatile. I could wear jeans with a variety of footwear, tops, and accessories. Fashion is always evolving and jeans are always incorporated fashion trends/new designs.

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think jeans will ever go out of style. It's to many people that love jeans as I do and I will always want jeans. No matter how you look at them, you can dress them up or dress them down. It all depend on where you are going and what you are going to do for that day. I think they will forever be right here for all of us to enjoy.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    No they will never go out of style. Jeans have been around for decades and the only thing they ever do is evolve or transition. The cuts and the fabric trends change, but the industry as a whole maintains strength. It's because jeans are very durable and provide for an easy pairing when it comes to wardrobe and styling. It will be around forever, that is until we find a new material that will be more comfortable but still as durable.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Jeans are like the diamonds of the fashion industry when it comes to clothing, it's forever! I don't think it would ever be out and I even think it's going to improve or probably be enhanced in the future. Like there are different kinds and styles of jeans out there. It's going to evolve still. :)

13. sanjusahu

sanjusahuNew Member

Threads:
    i dont think jeans out out of style. One more best feature jeans we can wear jeans many days without washing and most jean dont need iron. As water become scarce in so many places it will helps in that way also.

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Like everyone here, I think jeans would never go out of style.. more so because it is a very comfortable form of clothing to wear in any kind of weather. Though I don't wear them so much anymore I still have a few pairs that I love. I do not care so much for the brightly colored ones you get these days. They are the classical casual wear of this century I guess.

15. harryca

harrycaNew Member

Threads:
    I think that jeans might go out of style one day, but most likely I won't be there to witness it! Jeans are comfortable and can be matched with virtually anything, making them a great choice for every day use and more! That's why I believe we are going to use them for the years to come. But as all things, as time passes they might be forgotten and out of fashion.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Never! I own over a hundred pairs of jeans, and plan to buy more. I have seen people wear jeans when it's a 100 degrees outside. Basically they go with any and everything, you can just slip them on and go. There are so many different types of jeans and everyone owns a pair, they will never go out of style.

17. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    No, I really don't think they will. The world of fashion just keeps recycling all the styles - this season it's high waist flares that are back in again, and brightly coloured skinnies. Next season we'll probably be back in bootlegs. I keep all my jeans, as they all come back around, eventually!

18. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    Jeans will remain in fashion forever.As many brands making new designs using new colors with denims.So I don't think it will not remain in our lives.

19. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, jeans will not be out of style because of its durability and variety.

20. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with the majority on this one Jeans are never going to go out of style. They are a part of fashion that will no doubt remain for years to come. I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of jeans myself. I only own a few pair and I don't wear them too often. But I know for a fact that many consider jeans to be a very comfortable article of clothing to wear. Jeans have also become quite versatile in becoming more fashionable in some of the variations on the popular article of clothing.