Do you think premium subscriptions are worth it?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by daimashin • Sep 4, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    By premium I mean subscriptions like Xbox Live Gold and PS Plus. Both offer free games every month and is a must to be able to play online multiplayer. As a person that do not like multiplayer, do you think it's a worthy subscription just for the free games and discounts of some games? I'm asking because my Live Gold just expired, and since I didn't utilize online play so I'm wondering if I should renew or just let it go.

2. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I wouldn't if you don't play the multiplayer unless you buy a lot of games from them. There are other places like steam where you can often get games on sale like Game stop if you don't mind waiting for them to come down on there prices and you don't mind getting something a bit used. I use steam myself but I think they only sale PC games. You can also go to the company's sites like blizzard and get good sales sometimes.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I really can't say if Xbox live is worth it since I don't own an Xbox. PS+ is definitely worth it though. I've had it for about a year and a half and the amount of games I have gotten in that time is more than worth my subscription. Bioshock Infinite, Arkham City, DmC and Crysis 3 are just a few of the huge catalogue of games I have played with PS+. if you have a PS3 or PS4 I would definitely recommend getting it.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think Ps Plus is worth it because there are tons of free games not only for ps3 and ps4 but also for ps vita as well, and although you might not have either of the other two you could still download them so they would be yours if in case you do decide to buy them in the future. Not to mention that ps vita tv is already very cheap so you could just buy one and utilize it for the free games and it would still be worth it that way, in my opinion.