Do You Think That It's Cost Effective To Purchase Exercise Videos?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by explorerx7 • Mar 6, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There is certainly no shortage in the introduction of new exercise regime videos. The usual argument behind the new production is that it's always better than those that were previously produced. One thing that is common amongst these videos is that in most instances the subscribers get bored from them and they become shelf items. The frequency in which new ones are introduced seems to also suggest that they are not that effective as advertised. I am doubting that one will get their money's worth if they but any of these videos.

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Always thought those video's were a big waste of moola.
    Lucky for us it's 2016 man!
    So many great trainers are now putting their work online for free!
    Great for the consumer you get free access and you get to make sure the video is a good one and great for the trainer because they can still make money from advertisements.
    If you are into bodybuilding at all I recommend the all time classic Arnold Pumping Iron. Not really a conventional workout video but it's really good.
    It should be available on your Netflix and as well I have seen it on youtube.
    Happy Lifting.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think it's cost effective at all. Okay, so it might save you money on a gym membership, so it is good in that respect, however the truth is that you can get a lot of videos for free on YouTube, and this means that as long as you have an internet connection, you should never actually have to pay for any of the exercise videos that you do - which is great news.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't even think about YouTube and all those and all those health forums where these videos are available for free as long as there is access to the internet, now I have to totally agree with you that it wouldn't be prudent to pay for any exercise videos.

5. Tina122321

Tina122321Member

Threads:
    I think exercise videos used to save you money. I used to have several that I rotated through. But now that most of those videos can be found on sites like Netflix or even on youtube, it just isn't a smart buy anymore. I suggest selling your old workout DVD's while people are still willing to buy them. Vstock has bought all of mine.

I have seen several ads for Daily Burn which lets you have access to tons of streaming videos for a monthly charge. I think that would be much more cost effective than DVD's. When you get tired of a workout you can just choose a different one. They have yoga, kettle-bells,dance aerobics, strength, core, flexibility, and all with top fitness professionals. I am considering getting Daily burn but first I'm going to see if there are other companies like it to compare.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG I'm embarrassed to say I bought a bunch of exercise DVDs a couple of years ago, with the full intention of putting them to good use. Alas! that's not what's happened at all. I mean, I spent so much money on those DVDs, but they're still wrapped in their original packaging, collecting dust in a corner of my living room, and have yet to be used. So in that respect, it's been a total waste of money on my part LOL

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The thing is, as much as people think they would prefer the instruction and thoughtless routines, they really don't. It's boring.. a complete chore. So yes, it may save you money initially, compared to a membership or equipment, but most people don't use any of it after a short time. The most sustainable way to get exercise and stay healthy is to get out and do the things you love. You do not need to torture yourself to get fit.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I have never even purchased even one workout DVD. Lol. I usually survive on YouTube video workouts and even blogs. There's tons of resources online especially for yoga, pilates and even HIIT workouts. That's why I never even bothered to buy such workout videos because for me, why spend money on something that I can get for free?

I do understand though that some people prefer workouts that are more complete and organised. If that's it, the way to go is to buy some workout DVDs so you won't be interrupted with your routine. Buying several DVDs can work great to break the monotony of exercising with just one routine. You don't even have to go to the gym anymore and that's time-efficient as well.

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yes-and-no.

For a 'yes,' I consider the video(s) to be an option to 'taking an aerobics-class.' Classes can cost

, or can be covered by

---and that's not counting the transportation too-&-from the gym (and other costs the trip might incur).

Meanwhile, Amazon can get you

!

(You don't NEED more than one video. Sure, new videos are produced all the time, with new & different methods of exercise; but my mom and I spent YEARS using nothing but an aerobics-lesson on vinyl (or whatever they call it ... vinyl-records, victrola, turntable ...) backed by the Gospel-music of Amy Grant (Vince Gill's wife, at some time or other).)

But 'No' if you're a do-it-yourselfer like I am NOW---picking up inspiration from action-movies & sports-television, but then just factoring-in those images to my usual exercise-activity.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well people adhere to a different set of values and we tend to look at the same thing but perceive it differently. In the context of exercise videos, however, I personally think it's more cost-efficient to just download free exercise video apps via Google Play, iStore or Windows App Store. They're basically the same. If you can afford to pay for workout DVDs or purchase paid apps, then do so by all means.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it is a matter of personal preference - or that personal preference definitely comes into it. Different things work for different people. Personally, I am not a fan of workout routine DVDs/ or videos. They are boring to me, and do not offer enough variety, although there is often variety in one DVD. It is better to find Youtube workouts, because they are always being varied, or you can combine your own routines from routines you find online.. It is much more cost effectvie to do that in my opinion.