Do you think unflavoured brewed coffee without anything at all like a creamer and a sweetener?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by 003 • Dec 9, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think coffees are good as they naturally are, their flavours. I drink them without anything other than it brewed. I don't add sugar and put creamer. And in fact, I like them stronger. The bitter it is, the more that I like it. It's really good. Besides brewed coffee has really low calorie to none so I could just drown myself with it while I don't get fat. Putting sugar and creamer to it just makes me feel guilty drinking it. So I'd rather have it by itself. Do you feel the same, too? Some people are in fact surprised that I can withstand the intensity of the coffee that I drink without putting anything else in it.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    While I do enjoy the coffee taste itself, and don't mind it strong or somewhat bitter, I usually add in some sugar at least. I can drink it black or just straight in terms of flavored coffees, but it's not my preferred way to.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink a lot of brewed coffee. I mean, regardless of whether I add sugar and cream or not, it's nowhere near healthy as herbal coffee. We've since cut back on drinking commercial coffee. The kind of coffee my family and I drink is alkaline coffee. Compared to commercial coffee, it doesn't cause palpitations and regulates your body's acid levels.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I have to add a little sugar to my coffee, or it would be too bitter for me. I do like my coffee black though, and seldom add milk or creamer to it. I think adding milk dilutes the taste of the coffee and makes it less discernible between high-end coffee beans and store-brand ones.

5. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been watching my weight, so I've been cutting back on the sugar and cream in my coffee. That being said, I think diluted coffee is pretty gross and makes the coffee taste bad. Honestly, I still can't really tell the difference between various coffee bean flavours. Oftentimes in the morning, I don't particularly care what I drink as long as it has caffeine, and the bitterness serves as a good pick-me-up.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a few friends who are this way as well but I personally never understood it. I prefer adding just a bit of sugar to my coffee because I think it gives a good complement to the bitter flavor and in some cases it even enhances the flavor. I don't mind the calories either, if I drink a bit more coffee with cream and sugar than usual then I'll just make up for it by cutting down on something else.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's bitterness is why I don't understand how I like it so much. Addiction perhaps? lol. I put a bit of maple syrup in mine.. just enough to tone it down. Otherwise black. I absolutely detest it otherwise. I started out with coffee flavoured milk lol.. those powders or poison soups.. what are they called? Whiteners? creamers? Those flavour things, y'know? I'd pour my coffee and then tons of sugar and flavoured creamers.. it was near white and very vaguely tasted of coffee lol. There was no reason to drinking coffee at all, I was just drinking diabetes at that point lol.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also take my coffee black but I add sugar. Enough to make it taste sweet but doesn't entirely cancel out it's natural tang. I don't know how some manage to take it without sugar or any other sweetener. If I tasted coffee and there was no sugar in it, that one sip would be my last. Some get used to it though but I know I can't unless I have one of those medical conditions and a doctor instructs me not to take sugar anymore. Maybe I'd stop taking coffee then.

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like black coffee. I prefer it with lots of creamer and a teaspoon of sugar. I do not really like the plain, bitter taste. However, I do know quite a few people who like their coffee very dark and bitter.

10. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    What you are talking about is that good premium coffee that is tolerable without anything. If you are like me then you NEED some creamer at least in your coffee in order to handle that taste. Though, once you put that creamer in and a little bit of sugar then you are on cloud nine.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like strong coffee at all, so I'm surprised that you can drink it raw without any sweetener on it. My dad brews coffee sometimes, and it's taste is not tolerable for me if I don't put sugar on it.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    A majority of the time I prefer to drink my coffee black, but once in a blue moon I will stir in some sugar and 2% milk (no cream, it's too thick and heavy) - and perhaps a couple shots of whiskey! :D

Besides, often times I am drinking coffee along with eating something like a muffin or a doughnut, which are already sweet - so there is no need for the extra sugar and cream.

What might seem counter intuitive though, is I don't add sugar or cream to dark coffee - usually only to weakly brewed coffee. If the coffee is dark, I prefer it straight up, I'm not trying to offset the bitterness with cream and sugar. But if it's light coffee, I like a little of both from time to time.