Do you think you intake a sufficient amount of fiber each day?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 14, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The sufficient daily intake of fiber that I know is 30 grams. I think I am not able to suffice this, because my only source of fiber that I know is oatmeal. I eat it for breakfast and dinner which per serving only has 5 grams. I don't know other source of fiber that I may be unconsciously including in my diet. I don't eat rice and bread.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat vegetables that have a high fiber content at least twice a day. They are easy to obtain where I live so I've never had to worry about watching how much fiber my body gets in a day. Since you mention that you could without your knowledge have more fiber, please note the following veggies and fruits contain fiber:

Avocados.
    Spinach [and other greens]
    Carrots.
    Cabbages.

And more . . .

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really pay attention to my fiber intake. Out of all the nutritional facts to look for, that's one that I'm least concerned with. I think I get enough fiber most days because I try to eat a lot of veggies.

4. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    I never payed attention to this, I usually eat a lot of proteins cause of my training, but that is pretty much it. I don't really care about the different types of calories and food.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Most fruits and vegetables have a good amount of fiber. Don't get fooled into juices, however, because most of the fiber has been removed. Breads and Rice are not usually great on the fiber count but you can shop around for varieties that are better than others as fiber is usually labelled on the package.

Beans are a great source of fiber. A cup of black beans had 8g for example. Another great source is berries like blueberries.

You can supplement with fiber if you need to, but if you make a point to eat some fiber with each meal and snack you probably wont need to. Just look at what you normally eat and ask yourself if there is a higher fiber variation of the same thing.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if I'm getting the "right" amount of fiber intake in my diet, but my bowel movements are quite ok, so I guess I get enough fiber not to be constipated. I usually get my fiber intake from fruits and vegetables, we have a lot of them at home.

7. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    I know I don't get the fiber that is needed every day. I read that fiber is your best friend if you want to lose weight. When I eat fiber I get very bloated and full really fast. I tried to increase fiber in my diet slowly. I still end up feeling over full. I guess that would be great if you are trying to lose weight. I really do need to lose weight so maybe I will try to make fiber my best friend.

8. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I definitely do not take in enough fiber in a day, but I don't necessarily eat healthy either. I should be looking at my daily well, everything-intake. I should be eating more cautiously. I find that when I eat more fiber, things seem to run more smoothly for me.