Do you try to mimic a style?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Lostvalleyguy • Mar 19, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    So you see your favorite personality on TV or in a magazine. The clothing they wear defines them. Do you ever try to copy the style? Do you buy the same brands or copy some unique element of their attire? Have you caught yourself dressing like your best friend?
    Do you instead, make your own style without regard for what everyone else is doing?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually make my own style. Since I buy second-hand to save money I can afford to buy different clothes and try different styles rather often. Using celebrities or friends as inspiration for the way I dress is a big no no since I'll end up looking the same as the rest of the copycats :)

Still, my only weakness and something I copy often are hair styles :eek:

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I do not mimic anyone as I have my own laid back style.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mimicking styles can prove to be very expensive in the long run. People change. Sometimes they lose their status or they do something so bad that you don't want to be associated with them in any way. When that happens, what then? You'd have to go shopping for new clothes.

IMO, having your own style beats mimicking a style because then you can avoid those extra expenses of changing your style if your 'idol' changes their dressing style.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, I don't particularly try to follow any style. I am very traditional and classic in my style, most of my clothes are a neutral color and staple pieces. I'm always drawn towards neutral and earth tones, basic items, classic shirts. It I could compare my style to any famous women, it would probably be Lauren Conrad.

6. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I like Earth tone colors too and generic clothes. I don't like to be very expressive with what I wear. And male celebrities tend to be less known for their clothing I think. There are certain styles but wearing them wouldn't benefit me in any way.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not at all, I never try to mimic anyone's style, since I'm not even fashion conscious to begin with. However, I do want to imitate the haircut of this certain celebrity over here in my country. It looks good, and I'm sure it will suit me.

#7Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  8. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't mimic anyone. I like to set trends not follow them and I like to be original. I hate it when I see people wearing something I own. Most personalities don't have there own style anyway, someone else dresses them. I don't follow celebs or fashion it just doesn't interest me.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    As much as I would like to look more like a celebrity, I just can't, I end up looking like an idiot wearing a thousand dollar suit. I do make my own style, and by style I mean just a plain shirt and jeans. Its hard to really have your own style, I mean, you're wearing clothes similar to what almost half of the whole country's population is wearing.

10. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    I think we are guilty of this.

Whenever i see a style that i like i always try to mimic it. I think mimic is to strong of a word. I try to make it work for me. I add my own twist to the style. I was notorious for this when i was younger. I was really in to fashion back then, and i wanted to try everything.

Now that i am older. I find myself doing this less, and less. Things are different now. I am more mature, and i have a lot of responsibilities. I don't have time for all that stuff anymore.