Do you upgrade to the new iPhone when one comes out?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Oakster • Mar 13, 2014.

1. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I've kept my phone for a couple of generations now but I have a friend who always upgrades to the new version as he just trades the old one in and gets the new one so it's cheaper.
    Does anyone else do this?

2. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Nope, I have absolutely no interest in keeping up with fads and trends. I normally buy an older phone model and stick with it for a couple of years. Then move onto another. It's because it comes free with my phone plan. However, since the company that I am subscribed to made their new monthly plans for the future confusing and more expensive, I will most likely keep using this phone for a few more years and keep the current plan.

The primary purpose of my phone is to text and call people. Everything else are unimportant to me.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I will not be upgrading from my current one. These days they just add a few features which are obvious and sell the new product at some crazy prices. I think for the next one year I will stick to my current one until they release a new phone with better features. It is like Steve Jobs took away all the creativity that Apple had.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No, it's just too soon. Apple updates their phones like every 2 years, its crazy. Of course its about competition but come one, I had my Nokia 6630 for almost 10 years before switching to a Blackberry Bold which I used for 5 years, that is until its trackball went bad. I would upgrade my iPhone if Apple release like a REAL update, but there's not much that changed, its just a bigger screen, brighter display etc. I mean no real change to the phone, but I like the way they upgraded the IOS, it made the iPhone seem new. But no, I would not in the right state of mind waste that much money every two years for a phone.

5. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not. I just wait until the free upgrade is offered for my phone and that is it. Like many have already said here, the updates from one version to the next are very tiny and only rely on the hype of a new fad coming to the market. By actually waiting awhile before upgrading my phone, I can really notice a difference between my last phone and the new phone. I made the jump from an iPhone 3 to the iPhone 4s last year, and definitely noticed the difference :)

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I'm still using my first generation of iPhone 4. I'm a the kind of person to chase after the latest gadgets and technologies. To me, as long as the ones I have still work and can get the job done I'll continue to use them. There are at least one or two new versions coming out each year, to purchase each and every one is a huge waste of money and resources.