Do you use a dual-monitor setup at home?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Aug 12, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As most people know, you can connect your computer to multiple screens. Most people use one monitor, however; using two monitors can pay off. You might even find the rare person that uses three or four monitors. With that in mind, I sometimes use two screens, but I tend to stick to one larger monitor. How about you guys? Do you use a dual-monitor setup? Chime in if you use a mounting bracket for your monitors or you just stand them on the desk with their original stands. I'm interested to hear about what everyone uses.

2. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    Dual-monitors are a great way to get a second "virtual computer" for another family member to use. If you are on Windows, you can use

with an extra usb keyboard and usb mouse attached to the Cpu to provide a functional computer to a secondary user, without interfering with the files of the current user at all. The files from the secondary user live entirely within the hard disk file assigned to the virtual machine.

This application is the one I have used in the past to make dual monitor quite worthy for our family. To be honest I find it much more interesting as a justification for the second monitor.

3. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't think much of the idea for awhile, but after replacing the Mrs. old monitor and having a spare, I tried the dual monitor setup. Honestly, there wasn't much of an adjustment phase and I thoroughly enjoyed it relatively quickly. If I have either a game or Netflix on one screen I can pop open a web browser on my other and keep working away. It's also great for when I play around on the stock market and I have a billion windows open.

That said, I don't -always- need the dual monitor setup, but it's convenient when you do.

4. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. If you're a graphic designer or something like that, one that needs a lot of screen space it's a good idea to have multiple monitors ready. It's easier to work that especially when you don't have to squint to look at some things.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I use dual monitor at home but only when I'm working on a lot of stuff. For example I need to work on some video editing, it helps to have dual monitor since I can have the other monitor project the video that I'm working on and on the second monitor I have the window of tools I can use to edit the video. It's more of a screen real estate for me really.

6. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I kind of use a dual monitor. I have my laptop screen and monitor for my computer if that counts? It can be very helpful with multitasking as I can leave Twitter open on one screen and then do my work on the other screen. It pays off very well for me.