Do You Use A Fitbit?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Sue • Jul 15, 2015.

1. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use a Fitbit or any other device to record your steps, heart rate, sleep patterns, etc.? If so what device do you use and what do you like about it?

I have a Fitbit Flex and I love it. I find that it keeps me motivated to keep moving so that I can get my steps in for the day. I never go a day without it. They can be expensive but they are well worth the money.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot about the fitbit and find it a very interesting device, one I wouldn't mind giving a go. I thought it was just a fad, but it looks to be gaining popularity and showing signs of longevity. The only problem for me is that I may have to order it in, as i haven't seen any around. I'm glad it's working out for you :)

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of them, but don't have a clear understanding of what exactly they do. Do they keep track of your steps like a pedometer, and calculate your heart beat? I saw something similar advertised the other day, but it was a lot more expensive, and seemed similar to an Apple Watch, where you could make and take calls, and texts, and emails, I believe. Both are out of my budget at this time, but if I knew more about them, who knows, I might be interested in one in the future.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t, but I have a friend who got one for free. Being a bit of a data lover, I found it pretty fascinating. I wouldn’t mind knowing how many steps I take in a day, etc. But on the other hand, I also have a tendency to be pretty obsessive about certain things, and too hard on myself about them. So I might actually be better off without one. Haha.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is funny you post that. I saw something about a fitbit in an article title, and I didn't even know what it was!I think that it sounds like an interesting device though. I know without a doubt though that I come nowhere near the amount of steps per day I need. Maybe I will try to do it sometime.

6. chloedwaters

chloedwatersNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using a Jawbone wrist monitor for a little bit now, being that I found it for 20$ on clearance and I was curious if it would keep me motivated for fitness goals. I have found that even just wearing it makes me more conscious and makes me think more about my health choices, in terms of food an exercise. But, honestly, if it hadn't been 20$, I really wouldn't find it to be worth it. It does a lot less than what I thought, and does very little less that a fancy phone app could do.

7. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I uses to use a step counter and the tracker in my exercise video games. truth is I don't really like the ones that aren't integrated into the games. It's just another accessory to wear. I rather not and use what I want and not have to think about 'oh let me not forget to put (whatever) on'. I prefer the video game ones because the tracker is right there in front of me to see.

8. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that those keep track of your sleep. I have a LG Watch that tracks my steps. Although, that is cool if I could keep track of how much sleep I actually get that would be nice. I need 7 hours and I don't think that I am quite getting it.

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use one at the moment, however it is something that I have been thinking of investing in, as I feel that it would be something good to have for the sake of my fitness. It is a lot of money, but if it helps me to know about the activity that I'm doing, then I think that it would be something that would be more than worth it in the long term. I have read a lot of the reviews about them and have found that a lot of people like to use them, so I am certainly going to think about it for the future.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    No, and I won't. I don't want anything to do with wearable technology. I feel like the health dangers of having something that can transmit data (radiation) directly against your body for long periods of time far out weigh any benefits the device might give you. I will not even carry my phone in my pocket for more than 5 minutes at a time, it remains on the table, in my purse, or placed somewhere else that is away from my body when I'm not using it. I hope this fad goes away soon. You really don't need that information anyway. Just exercise and don't worry about it.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never knew what fitbit did. I downloaded it from the Apple store but when I saw you had to pay I decided to remove the app from my phone... I wish there was a free period before purchasing to check it out and decide if it's worth it.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to use a Fitbit, but the cheapest ones I know of are 80 dollars. since, I am having some appliance problems currently I am not really in the market for an expensive device like that. I might buy one, if I could find an affordable one on ebay. It sounds like it would be a great way to make certain you are getting the workouts you need.

13. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I've never even heard of Fitbit before today, but apparently it's a step counter. While I see the usefulness it has for some people I don't think it would help me out much. I'd much rather do other kinds of workouts instead of walking or running.