Do You Use a Price book?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Nov 11, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A chef showed me his price book and I thought it would be really useful if everyone had one. You'd never get ripped off again.

Actually you don't need to buy one. You could make one for yourself.

This would make it easier for you to budget for your groceries and buy only from places where they sell the items you need at the cheapest prices. It would save you some cash.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm...that's a compelling idea. I don't use one, but I can definitely see how having one would be beneficial to help save money and buy things a little more intuitively based on what they should be priced. Even better that you can make your own. Thanks for the idea and the link :).

3. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    It's a great idea! I haven't really gotten used to organizing with the help of a price book. But I think, why not? It could be really useful, and not just to help save money, but to organize the way I shop and manage the whole shopping experience. :) With a price book I don't just tell myself that so-and-so is cheap here and here, I actually can refer back to my previous purchasing decisions.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I would put all of this into a spreadsheet. It will make it much easier to shuffle the numbers around to see how much you could truly save if you bought each item on your list at it's lowest price, vs. buying everything at just one store where many of the items may be over priced. All it takes is learning a few basic spreadsheet formulas. Even if you don't have Microsoft Office or Excel, Google offers a free online office suite, complete with a spreadsheet application. The added benefit with Google's is you can look it up on your smartphone when you are on the go.

I really wish stores would start making all of their prices available online, so we could just download the data and do our shopping planning at home.