Do you use a smartphone car mount?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by lindbergh • Apr 30, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A smartphone car mount is an accessory that allows you to keep your smartphone in sight at eye level via a travel stand so that it would be ready for GPS directions, streaming music, and hands-free calls. Most smartphone car mounts have a steady grip that could hold most types of smartphones. Hmm, yeah, they're nifty accessories. But I just prefer my smartphones to be in my pocket or in the glove compartment when I'm driving. I don't need some fancy mount.

Do you use such accessories?

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I dont use it because i am usually not alone in my car when i am traveling and so i really like my privacy. I think that putting your phone out there like that leaves you open to a lot of people seeing what is going on in your life and so i am not prepared to do that just yet. I would rather keep it in my pocket as usual.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use them, but that's mostly because I don't really need GPS and I think calling someone while I'm driving is pretty dangerous since I won't be able to fully concentrate on the street and then I wouldn't be able to react in time if someone ran over the street or another driver in front of me suddenly switched lanes. So I usually keep it in my pocket and call back when I finished driving in case someone calls me or I give it to my girlfriend while I'm driving so she handles incoming calls.

4. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    It is a very useful gadget for bussiness and for people who are in traffic all day and receive or send a lot of calls. I use it and it is very useful since I give get a lot of calls daily and you want to be able to answer fast without having to search your pocket in traffic for your phone. It wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience without it but it is a slight improvement and once you get used to it it just sticks with you. I got mine for my birthday from a friend.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally do not use it because I barley drive my car. I am also never alone when I go anywhere so I find it useless for me to have. It is a great accessory for people who constantly travel though.