Do you use a water filter?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by mistymi • May 12, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I finally ordered a reverse osmosis filter on Amazon and I'm eager to try it out. I've spent a lot of time reading about water and filters and a reverse osmosis one seems like the best you can buy. I've read about possible problems like the acidity and lack of minerals but if I'm not concerned about that very much right now. I am a little bit worried about the waste water but I guess there's nothing you can do about that.

If you have a reverse osmosis filter are you happy with it or do you use another type?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well I have a filter in my home but I'm not sure if its a reverse osmosis one. I thought it was fine, but I'm not really too excited about it though since our water source is already clean but it pays to make sure that it really is. But I've read somewhere (and I can prove it to be true) that a little dirt (and by dirt I mean bacteria and stuff) in your drinking water is kind of good for you because once you've consumed water with all sorts of things in it your body will adjust and you'll be immune and you'll never get sick again if you happen to drink dirty water again.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    We use another type of water filter and it's working a bit slower than the one we have at our other house, but at least it's working. My husband is a very paranoid type and having a water filter is always a must for him. We purchased it from Cosway and it was a bit pricey but because we really like their prompt response should we have any problem with their products anytime.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have a filter. I'm not sure what kind it is. It's Pur, that's all I know. I turn it on whenever I don't have anything else to drink because I do not trust city water. I've even resorted to doing it in my soup broth but sometimes I forget.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use one at home and I love it because without it, I'd have to buy tanks of purified water, and I really would dislike having to pay that much regularly just for water. I'm not sure if mine is reverse osmosis, though, but I've been using it for years and have only needed to maintain it once in a while by cleaning the filters, and aside from that I don't have to do much to maintain it. I've never had problems with mine and I've never had my water taste odd, so I'll definitely keep buying this type of product.