Do you use an all in one foundation?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Aug 20, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are quite a few to choose from, but I do prefer to use an all in one rather than foundation and powder now.

I have few favorites, I like Neutrogena's compact foundation which leaves a dewy finish. Chanel has a nice finish, but has less coverage so I have to use a concealer to get the right look.
    For evening I like to use Kanebo or Bare Minerals over a touch of concealer as both have a powder, matte finish .

Do you use an all in one as it is easier to apply,cheaper or less to carry around?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I'll usually use concealer, foundation and powder, I'm not a fan of all in one products. I have been using a tinted moisturizer instead lately for my day to day routine, so I need some powder over it because it is very moisturizing. As the coverage is low I need concealer as well.

3. jmg707

jmg707New Member

Threads:
    I am addicted to BB cream!!!! Works like a charm with a dusting of powder to control shine and a few problem areas. I don't like the complicated process of using multiple products for every day. I will admit though, if I am in a mood, I do pull it all out and play around to create more dramatic looks. That usually happens every so often if I have some extra time or if I am headed out for a special occasion.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely, like once every few years, wear foundation but when I do I don't use an all in one. I prefer the feel of using a concealer, which I generally only use undereye, a light foundation on trouble areas and then a loose powder applied with a large brush to sort of tie the whole look together. I find all in one foundations to be a little too heavy for me and provide heavier coverage than I like.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried BB cream. It's a good all in one foundation like cosmetic. However, it turns orange on my skin. So I stick with Revlon's Color Stay foundation and top it off with powder. For some reason it enhances my skin the best.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Finding the right color is always important and foundation can change color. Having an all in one makes touch ups easier and when I did make overs it was easier to teach people how to apply the foundation. Using good quality sponges are important for all in one foundations, especially the liquid compacts as they build up residue and bacteria easily. You should invest in some large ones for home use (they last longer and are less likely to break) and smaller ones for touch ups.

I always wash them with some cleanser and put them in the washing machine in a lingerie bag. Good sponges make the application smoother and you use less product too.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to not use all in one foundation. I think it does not serve the real purpose of using foundation as everything gets mixed up. I always use products that are specific and not all in one. It really helps to target on one specific thing on your skin when you are not using all-in-one products. It is quite comfortable to use single products.