Do you use Restaurant Coupons?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Joyce aka Nana • Dec 2, 2012.

1. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    Do you use restaurant coupons? In our area we get restaurant coupons in the mail every couple weeks or so. We will keep them in the car in case we are out and decide we need to get something to eat. Also, we get pizza at Papa Murphy's and if you join their Facebook page you get a coupon about every week for dollars off a pizza.

There are many restaurants that offer special coupons online so if you are planning a trip to a certain restaurant search online for coupons for that restaurant and more than likely you will find something. We also purchase school cards that will give discounts at restaurants. We pay $10.00 for the card and the school gets to keep all the money. On the card there are a dozen or more businesses that offer discounts, most of them restaurants.

Just some ideas. What do you do to save money at restaurants?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I try to use coupons when I can. It's very easy with pizza. For other restaurants, I tend to use Groupons or similar deals, where you pay $10 and get $20 worth of food. It's also a nice way to try out a new place.

3. ilike2save

ilike2saveNew Member

Threads:
    I use coupons when I can find them. My daughter and I will often split an entree if we are at pricier places or places that we know are going to have a huge plate. I also have two boys that can share a kid's meal, or we eat at places that kids eat free! It seems like a lot of places are starting to do that more often.

To save on pizza, I will go pick it up instead of paying the extra for delivery.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I only use coupons in the fast food restaurants. I'm talking about pizzerias, burger business, sandwiches or restaurants dedicated to preparing simple meals. Anyway, in my city there isn't the custom of giving coupons to restaurants more sophisticated or with more elaborate meal. I usually use the discounts at McDonalds, Burger King, Subway or local businesses that have weekly promotions. I only use when I eat alone, I don't like to use them in company.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    We only ever get coupons for fast food restaurants around here, and since we don't often eat fast food, we don't really use them. If we got coupons for a nicer restaurant, though, we'd definitely use them.

6. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I use restaurant coupons online or throught the Entertainment (Coupon) Book. The coupons I used most frequently are online for Dominos pizza. Other than pizza I've used coupons for Denny's (2 for 1 entree) or TGIFridays ($5 off) coupon. So far I've never had an issue with a coupon. I'd use them more often if I went out to eat more frequently.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Occasionally. Really, I don't eat out that often, so I tend to ignore the coupons. When I do go out, though, then I will look to see if I have any laying around. Or I'll pull one from their website if it's a pizza joint. A few times I have gotten really good coupons and they're what enticed me to go ahead and eat out (like less than half price for the food).

8. Susie

SusieNew Member

Threads:
    I think if you have a coupon, you should go ahead and use it. A lot of times I will go online before going out to eat to see if there are any coupons available for that particular restaurant. Why not save a little money when you can? Save your money for something else.

9. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    My husband and I will use coupons when we go to Chick-Fil-A or one of the local burger joints. I used to feel "cheap" using them, but now I look for any way to save a little money. My husband even scours the ads to find the best deals on eating out.

10. sweethoney

sweethoneyNew Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! I use them all the time when I can. Especially for pizza. If the deal isn't good enough I move on to another place. We eat out at the local Mexican restaurant at least once a week, we get coupons from the back of our grocery receipts for there. We also take advantage of in house specials and kids eat free nights.

The restaurants put them out there to drive business and to be used. There is no reason why people shouldn't take advantage of the.

11. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I never really used coupons or deals for eating out until things like LivingSocial and Groupon. Sites like LivingSocial made it possible for me to try out new restaurants and establishments without burning a hole in my wallet. I also use sites like Womply and Plink, which are more "behind-the-scenes" and you don't need to show a coupon or voucher.

I also use the app ScoutMob, which will pull up deals all around you. The other day, I went to see a friend and we had dinner. We got $20 off our check just for showing our waiter the app on my phone. It was completely free.

With so many different types of options, it's really a shame that people do not check to see if they can get whatever they're getting for a less expensive price! Now, I use vouchers and coupons all the time because it just doesn't make sense not to.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use them when i get some to places that i actually like and eat at i just wish they would send me some for burger king and mcdonalds those are my favorites but i never get any for them.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do use coupons for restaurants here because I eat out a lot and it helps to get some savings once in a while. Coupons here are a bit different though in the way that mostly of them can't be found just being given away and instead you just go to sites to buy certain coupons that will end up giving you a discount once you present them to the restaurant. I know there are sites in all countries that have this and for now unfortunately this is all we have so the savings aren't really all that much but it's still much better than paying full price.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only restaurant coupon that we use are the coupons of the hotel's restaurant. It is 50% discount for the buffet table and we avail of it during occasions. A colleague in the office gives me the discount card which is good for 10 people. And although the buffet is expensive, it seems okay when you think of the half price promo with the coupon. Aside from that, I also get a 50% coupon for the hotel room which we sometimes use.

15. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I use them, but you have to be careful that you don't end up wasting money. One of the issues that you might have is that you could be persuaded to go for a meal that you wouldn't otherwise have gone on, meaning that you're wasting money rather than saving it. But if it's a meal that you are definitely going on, using coupons is always a great idea, and I don't see that there is anything wrong with it at all.