Do you use YouTube to watch movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 21, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    YouTube is packed with full-length movies these days. Thanks to a multitude of uploaders, I now cannot seem to get enough of the site. The movies range from kiddie movies to R18 movies, from oldies to the most recent movies. I have grabbed TubeMate so that I would be able to download the movies that I want for offline viewing. It's better that way as compared to directly streaming it online.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    This is true. Sometimes I just really search movies on YouTube and most the time they're there in full length! I don't even need to worry about downloading them. :)

3. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    I have used YouTube to watch old movies or shows that I cannot locate easily on the internet. For instance, Witches Night Out was my favorite Halloween cartoon as a young kid. My dad and I would watch it every year. We recorded it on VHS but lost the copy somewhere along the years. You can by it on DVD (copied from VHS) for approximately $66.

I haven't heard of TubeMate. Is that part of YouTube?

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    There was only a few cases of me using Youtube for watching movies, and all of those were old movies. I just didn't want to be bothered to search them in better quality, so i neded up watching them there. One of them was Begotten and the other one was Six String Samurai (this one i can't recommend enough).

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I use YouTube to watch movies or shows whenever youtube actually has the, available. I find that many times youtube users upload the shows too late and by the time I want to watch them I just use other ways to stream them for free. I do love youtube's quality of videos so I do try to find what's available on this website every now and then.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't. My internet connection is terrible and very, very sketchy, so watching a whole movie would be painful! I prefer to download them (even though some can take ages) and then watch them whenever I can spare some time to.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer to just download movies via direct link or through torrents, so that the picture would be clearer. When I'm in Youtube I opt to just watch interesting documentaries.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Occasionally, I will watch a movie. There's a lot of stuff available on YouTube. I don't like to download torrents or download from YouTube though.

9. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I am constantly amazed at what movies and documentaries I can find and watch.
    Yeah I use it regularly. Just started watching a Clive Barker tale today on YouTube.
    Sometimes the entire film is there and sometimes it is in parts, which can be annoying if you can't easily find the fifth installment. Yeah that did happen to me
    in regard to a notorious film that I watched a year ago. I had almost bought it
    once on Amazon and there it was, in I think a total of 13 parts.
    Sometimes I think I will find a film and I don't and other times, yeah there it is.
    Ryder13

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever watched an entire movie on youtube. I don't trust my connection that much, haha! I haven't watched anything longer than, say, a half hour long tv show.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I watch whatever is available there. I like that their player and streaming quality are always at peak form, compared to other streaming sites that tend to get choppy very easily once you start downloading something or use some other service online. I've even seen a lot of recent movies from there, although I'm not sure how they are allowed there in the first place.

12. Irishfbfan1

Irishfbfan1New Member

Threads:
    Absolutely, I am a huge fan of Horror, and when football season is over it is 24/7 horror for me. I enjoy some of the horror anthology series such as "Thriller", "Hammer House Of Horror", "Journey to the Unknown", to name a few. All of these coupled with old time black and White classic Gothic Horror such as Dracula, The Mask of Satan (Black Sunday), City of the Dead etc...can all be found in its entirety or in parts on YouTube.

I love youtube, and if one has Netflix along with Hulu then paying for cable would superfulous in my opinion. All in what you really are looking for though. Still, the versatity of YouTube has not been discovered by the masses, it's simply one of the most underrated and versatile means for entertainment today.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! I usually find some movies online that are about an hour or two long! It's really great since I would rather be watching it from youtube compared to going to the movies or downloading it online. It's just more convenient and saves more time.

14. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I do use YouTube to watch movies yes. I actually have pretty much replaced watching TV with watching things online instead. I actually prefer documentaries and informative videos rather than movies, but if I want to watch a movie, YouTube can be a great place for that also.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't even know you could do this. The last time I checked for movies on there (quite a while ago) they were being taken down or they were in 500 parts lol. I'll have to check it out.

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I watch stuff on YouTube WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much, I have even got the app for my phone so I can watch clips when I'm not at my computer.

17. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Usually I won't watch in YouTube Either will go out with friends or purchase online. Only if I couldn't get it by either ways then I will go for YouTube. :)

18. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    No. I sometimes go spelunking on YouTube, because there are some seriously strange things lurking on there. That said I don't live on there anymore than I live on Facebook or whatever. There is simply more to life.

19. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi there Lilley. Tubemate is a separate app wherein it allows you to download any video that you like on Youtube. I think that YouTube does not agree to this but you could easily download the app on the internet. I download the videos because sometimes my internet connection is unstable. Downloading the video would ensure smooth viewing later on without the need to be connected to the internet.

20. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, but I've also found a slew of other sites that are hosting videos on services such as AllMyVideos, Vidbull, Putlocker and other services. One of them is called Project Free TV (it has movies too). It's nice to be able to watch my shows and movies without all these obnoxious loud commercials. The only catch is you need to be careful of all the popups and ads on the site, and ignore any fake prompts to "update your video drivers" or stuff like that.