Do you want your chicken spicy or not?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lindbergh • Aug 27, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love spicy foods. It makes me want to eat more. That's why when I eat at KFC, I would normally order spicy fried chicken or Hot Shots. I find them a lot more delicious as compared to those that are not spicy. When you go to KFC or any other restaurant or fast food chain, which do you prefer - spicy chicken or not?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually order non spicy chicken and then put hot sauce on it. That way I can control the level of hotness.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate spicy food! I guess people who love them have a high tolerance for spicy food, while I drink ALOT of water everytime I eat something that's moderately spicy, like those hot and spicy chickens.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of a lot of spice, too. As long as I'm feeling okay, spicy it is !

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually order the spicy one if they have that option. I sometimes prefer the spice to be in the breading, as opposed to something like buffalo wing sauce, which can get pretty messy when you're trying to eat it.

That said, I've also been making my own hot sauce recently, with fresh Fresno chile peppers, some cider vinegar, sea salt, liquid smoke and fresh garlic. You just pressure cook all the ingredients for about three minutes, then throw it all in a blender and then strain it through a mesh strainer. The color is a lot more bold than the stuff you get on the shelves in the store.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    For the place i get, i always get non spicy, because even if i ask to not put in, they always leave a little, and if i ask to put, it's like a damn inferno on the animal. And i ain't too good with spicy things.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like anything spicy in terms of heat. I don't cook with salt so I like my food to be savory from herb seasoning, but I don't like biting into something and having my lips and tongue on fire. You may as well be eating cardboard because you can't taste the actual food for the spicy seasoning.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't matter - I generally have the contents mixed if that option is available. I like heat, but I also like being able to just enjoy the meat instead of sucking down pepper sauce and such.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer no spice on the food, but on the side, but that is for finger food, when it's regular food i prefer the lowest spicy possible because i ain't really good with spicy foods.

10. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I love spicy foods whether burrito, tacos with jalapenos, spicy thai noodle with fish paste, phu or anything!
    So definitely, I love it when my chicken is spicy. Fried Id like to have spicy chicken from KFC. Roasted, Kenny Rogers would be the place with a dash of hot sauce!
    And all these are better to eat with Kimchi! :)

#10Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat at fast food joints, but when I make chicken, I prefer it spicy.

12. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love spicy chicken. I always order hot shots in kfc. I also like the spicy chicken in popeyes. Actually I like almost all my food to be spicy, not just the chicken.

13. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I love spicy foods, I am a massive fan of Indian food. I love all Indian dishes with chicken. I also love taking chicken breasts out of the freezer and covering them in spicy herbs and then putting them in the oven :). It's a great way to eat chicken.

14. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to have my chicken mild. It is weird but sometimes spicy foods burn my ears and then I don't find it enjoyable. I also prefer mild because I have children. My son does not like spicy food. So, I would have to buy or cook two different kinds of chicken. It just makes it easier to prepare mild so I don't have to worry about anyone in the house not wanting to eat it.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer original flavor, as I don't fancy spicy foods all that much, especially when they're too spicy that it overpowers all the other flavors. Sometimes, if I'm feeling up for it, though, I'll indulge. Most times, however, original recipe is good enough for me.

16. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Love spicy chicken...especially wings. However, I don't do fast food because they add too much salt. Before I became somewhat healthy, I used to love Louisiana fried chicken because it was hot and spicy.

17. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love spicy chicken. I really like Popeye's Spicy chicken it is my very favorite. I haven't ever made spicy chicken at home though. If I had a good recipe for spicy chicken I would make it. Even if I make grilled or baked chicken sometimes I will add a number of spices to it. I really don't like my chicken bland at all...so spicy is just fine as far as I am concerned.