Do You Watch Shows While You Eat At Home?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Sometimes I go into phases where I enjoy my meals a lot more if I'm watching something while eating. My favorite things to watch are cartoons and sitcoms as well as food shows, and it's a huge bonus if the show matches what I am eating. For example, if it's about Chinese food and I'm having some Chinese food as well. If nothing is on TV then I'll bring out my ipad and watch some videos on YouTube instead.

Do you guys watch shows while you eat too? What do you watch?

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha. Yeah, I do that all the time. Sometimes I'll watch movies, TV shows or read the news. My boyfriend tends to eat without watching anything. I guess he prefers to concentrate on the meal. I play around with him about having intense focus on food while he's eating. I'm greedy too but I like to entertain myself by watching or reading something.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we have certain nights where we watch certain shows. And then we have certain shows we like to watch on specific nights. For some reason, certain shows we watch when we are eating (Scrubs and The Big Bang Theory) but we rarely watch these shows if we are 'evening T.V. watching'. I don't really match the food to the show but I have done this for parties before. For example, I hosted a Tea Party with my friend in April and we watched, 'Enchanted April'. Another time, I had a girl party and we watched chocolate only for food everyone brought chocolate themed things. Another party we host that is 'food themed' is a Super bowl party every year. But I am going to have to try it on a smaller scale. Like when we watch, 'The Big Bang Theory', we could eat Chinese since almost every show, they are sitting in the living room eating Chinese take out. I did not realize there was such a science to my T.V. watching but now that you've brought it to my attention, I'll have to analyze it more. lol

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    This has actually become a problem for me. I live alone and I'm usually busy studying, so when I eat I try to sneak in a bit of entertainment time as well. This translates to watching a tv show or reading a book while I eat. The problem is that I now can't enjoy a good meal unless I have something to watch.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, every time. I usually watch Youtube shows, and sometimes talkshows or sitcoms as well. I don't really watch too many traditional TV anymore, though, so it!s usually just random internet/Youtube shows.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a child I was not allowed to do this, I always had to eat at the table. I do now and to be honest it is relaxing. I like to watch and eat and often make dishes that are easy to eat while watching television so I only need a fork. So pasta , rice and burgers are great, but not anything requiring a knife and a fork, although I get around that by cutting everything into bite size pieces.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter and I do that all of the time. I know that some people turn off the TV to eat dinner at a dining table with their family, but it's juts my daughter, my dog, and I. We don't really need to do that. Her and I are very close, so we have good communication even without having to turn off all of the entertainment related things.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I watch whatever I wish to watch when I eat my food. I rarely watch any TV shows these days, and opt to view more of instructional videos so I can learn something new to help me grow in knowledge.

9. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Not anymore. I used to, but I felt like I was wasting an opportunity to talk to my family. I like sitting at the table for dinner without television. It's nice to talk to my kids and catch up with them and also make sure they eat everything they need to eat.