Do You Watch Sports With Friends?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Denis Hard • Oct 4, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live, most men normally go to sports bars in the weekend to watch their teams play but also hang out with friends and they normally spend a lot of money in the process.

If you don't live near a stadium then probably this would be your choice too.
    Much as the atmosphere in a sports bar can be different if all you need is to watch a game with a group of people, why not invite friends to your house?

Ask them to bring their own drinks if they have to drink while watching a match.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Same here. Want to watch the game? Let's go to a bar the friends say! And bars are places I don't really like. They're full of smoke and the drinks cost quite a bit. I'm better off watching the game in the comfort of my own home. Sure, it'd be great if I could convince the others to join me, but alas, sports and bars/drinks mix a lot in the culture I live in (like in many other places).

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't actually. Neither me nor my friends really watch sport much at all, apart from the World Cup, and Olympics. I watch sports slightly more than them though, and I mostly only watch it to keep track of my betting wins/losses. I've only been to a stadium 4-5 times ever, and that was always with a friend though.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Not generally, though I know plenty of people (men and women) who do. I don't watch sports all that often to begin with and if I do, it's just at home with my husband and son, sometimes we'll have some other family over if we're in the mood to watch a big game.

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    My friends and I seldom go to bars to watch sports. What we usually do is go to someone's place and watch there. This actually reminds me that the NBA season is right around the corner! Man am I excited. We also watch UFC and boxing events. Sometimes, though, I find it more fun watching in bars, particularly international events because you would all cheer for your country.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It depends whether or not I bet on the game we're watching or not :) I'm usually too much of a nervous wreck and not all that fun to be around when watching games I have money on.

But yea, got a tradition with some of my buddies who come over and watch the 49er game every Sunday and then they'll usually stick around for Fantasy Football. We just have a potluck thing going on where I'll cook some steaks, burgers, etc and everyone else brings some side dishes. Sports makes for a great hang time with friends and a good excuse to eat a bunch of food.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do sometimes. It really is a lot more fun watching with friends than alone. I prefer just watching at my own or at a friends' house though. A sports bar is fine, but I just find it more comfortable to be at home since I can do or say anything I want there. Also, being at home is better for me and my friends because we can just play video games after the games.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been interested in competitive sports, hence I don't go to any sport events or watch them on a screen. Here, where I live, people are fanatic about soccer, and every time there is a big match, people get injured or killed over personal differences. People hang flags representing their team from balconies or stick them on their cars. The police work overtime, and it is quite dangerous to go out on the streets during those events.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally, I don't like watching a TV or a movie with a friend who I haven't seen for a very long time. We would rather have dinner, tell stories and update ourselves with each other. Basically, you wouldn't be able to do this if you direct your attention to something else. So it's important to focus with them and watching anything is destructive and should not be tolerated

10. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Every year we are gone for the American Superbowl. So we have a friend who knows how to download it and then we get together a week later in our out of country location and watch it. We have a big 'Superbowl Party' with all of our favorite foods from back home (but made from scratch because they are hard to find), and we even play games or sometimes wear clothing that matches the theme of the team we are routing for. Its a lot of fun, even for some of us who don't get into the rules as much. And the half time show is always awesome!

11. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Soccer is very popular where I live, so a great way to hang out with friends is to go to a bar and watch the Barclays Premier League. Often we bet on which side wins so it becomes more exciting to watch, with money on the line.

12. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    Usually my friends and I watch sports in the comforts of our own home. We usually watch boxing, MMA, or Basketball. Most of the time, it is basketball since it is the national sport of my country. We have not gone out to watch on a sports bar. Not sure if there even are sports bar near me.