Do you watch the home and garden network?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Mayvin • Aug 3, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've noticed recently that I've been more into watching the home and garden channel on TV and they have such an interesting variety of shows from "house hunters" to "property brothers" where two brothers help a couple find and renovate a house in their budget. I could have used a show like that to renovate my house a few years back lol! Does any one else like watching this network?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I still had a TV, I used to watch home and garden shows all the time, simply because they always had such good practical advice on offer. But in those days I was living in a cottage in the countryside. When I moved to the city, my focus somewhat changed. These days, when I feel a little melancholy and long for my old lifestyle, I put on some gardening show to alleviate my homesickness.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to watch HGTV religiously when I was living in a dump of an apartment because I aspired to live somewhere better. Now that I actually live in an apartment that I like, I'm not as dependent on HGTV and I don't watch marathons of house hunting shows anymore. Now I watch more cooking shows because I actually have a decent, functional kitchen.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use to watch HGTV when they had the shows that showed how to take things you already have and repurpose them to make them like new and more useful. I like those type of shows and the ones that show you how to take color to brighten up your space.

5. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I was one of our favorite channels when we subscribed to cable tv, but now, with only Roku we don't really bother with finding the shows. Mostly, on HGTV we watched the House Hunters episodes, so really no DIY home repair or gardening shows.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I watch sometimes but not too often. Sometimes I turn the channel on if I am looking for some inspiration, but for the most part I find my inspiration elsewhere and then tweak it a little. To me HGTV is getting a little too reality tv focused and I don't care for those types of shows so I don't watch too often.

7. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I used to watch the HGTV channel when I was still nursing my baby. The TV was my only company during my baby's sleepless nights. My favorite was Shabby Chic and Gardening by the Yard. I have found lots of inspiration from the many episodes that I watched so intently during those years. Now, I don't watch TV anymore. I still miss those days. Now, that this thread has reminded me about HGTV again, I may have to get the DVD series. Thanks.