Do You Watch TV Christmas Movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by SpringBreeze • Dec 16, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Holidays! And Christmas movies is one of the best parts of it. I love watching these movies. They are always jolly and inspirational. For a month, they cure me of my cynicism and make me believe in miracles all over again. I especially like the made-for-tv Christmas movies. I can spend the entire day watching them.

What about you? Do you watch made-for-tv Christmas movies? Do they get you more in the Holiday mood?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sunday is the day the Christmas movie have been playing all day. I watched all of the movies to give me a lift yesterday as I was a little depressed. The Christmas movies are always so uplifting and light even when the star is suppose to be mean loud and a grinch.

I will miss them when the season is over.

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes!!! Sunday is the day. On ION television they play Christmas movies all day. Yesterday, I flipped between ION, Lifetime, and AMC. But I spent most of my time on ION. They've had a really good selection of Christmas movies. I wasn't expecting it since they play mostly cop series.

I hope you feel better. Christmas can be a hard time when things aren't going right. Wishing you lots of joy and peace this week. Merry Christmas!!!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I can [that's if there's no one at home who likes watching such movies] I never watch Christmas movies whether they're new or old classics. I don't change my taste to accommodate anything that's just passing by. Oh by the way, I don't think much of Christmas. It's a good enough reason, ain't it?

5. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! During the Christmas holidays (starting right after Thanksgiving), my TV will stay on either ABC Family or Lifetime. Those channels always show made-for-TV holiday movies. And most of them are really good! ABC Family might show films that made it to theater once before, but most of them are made-for-TV.

Happy Holidays!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to watch the cartoon TV movie specials, and the one I remember the most is Garfield's, although I remember the experience a lot more than the movie itself. What stands out for me the most was the tone of the old cartoon Christmas specials. Another popular favorite is the Charlie Brown Christmas special. I think that one's a lot more known and remembered. I prefer watching cartoons more when it comes to TV Christmas movies for some reason. :)

7. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Sure ... In fact, that is one of the activities that I enjoy in this time of year. There is nothing nicer than waking on the TV and find a Christmas movie. I prefer those that refer to my childhood and give me the opportunity to remember the magic and the good times of those golden years. Anyway, there is a moment in which we saturate and do not want to see anything related to Christmas. In my country, this date coincides with the beginning of the summer and that is why we enjoy seeing the snow and all that special atmosphere that is generated in the movies. Undoubtedly, this is a habit that I enjoy since childhood and I'll take care of that in the future my children can enjoy it in the same way. :eek:

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love watching movies and TV specials about Christmas! These types of shows get me into the mood of loving and giving. Cartoons, documentaries, movies with live actors, whatever they are, I watch them as long as it's about Christmas and it's interesting. I love watching them with someone else, be it a relative or a special someone with some food and drinks. :D

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm actually not a big fan of the holiday movies or music for that matter. I just never really got into the Christmas movies I guess cause some of them just seem un real. I use to watch them when I was younger but as I got older I just started disliking them I guess cause I feel they are all the same you know same story lines or what not.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also not a fan of Christmas themed movies or tv programs, maybe if I happen to stumble upon one then I'll probably watch it until it ends if the story is good, but I'm not the type that looks forward to them in general.

11. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I do. I like to watch Christmas movies during the Christmas time because I can feel the joy and the atmosphere. I haven't watched Christmas movies for a long time, which I did this year because I have finally found some good classic Christmas movies such as "Christmas Carol". The movie reminded me of my old days in which I used to watch it during my middle school years. It was good times!

12. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I actually had to think about this, I haven't watched a Christmas movie, TV or not, this year. The last once I watched was "It's a Spongebob Christmas" which came out last year. I don't think I can watch "Elf" for another couple of years, I've grown very annoyed with that movie. I don't "love" Christmas, but I don't hate it either, it's just a day for me.

13. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, as of today I'm still watching Christmas movies. Dish network has an special going where all their paid Chirstmas programs are free until January's 12 so I'm watching them until then. Their are some great heart filling movies on.

14. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i love the christmas so much. so i watch christmas movies on the sunday. sunday is probably free day.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. I like the ABC Family Christmas movies. I used to think I was too cool for Christmas movies, but one Christmas I was having a really hard time and I found that those movies cheered me up and distracted me from my problems, so I enjoy them now. I got my daughter hooked on them too.

16. Freedofwar

FreedofwarNew Member

Threads:
    christmas movies of my all time favorite.