Do you wear glasses?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Sep 9, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using glasses since I was a child, more or less 7 years old (yes, it was traumatic at the time lol), but more or less when I was 30 I went to a consultation and my prescription decreased to half. Facing this I started to wear less and less my glasses. I found this strange, anyone that this happened as well?

2. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I have to start out by saying wow. That's incredible that your vision is improving with age. It's usually the other way around. I worked in optics for seven years as an optician and never knew this was possible. However, since your RX has decreased in power, have you ever considered wearing contact lenses instead? They have a brand called dallies that are very thin and comfortable. You would wear a fresh new pair every day. Me myself, I don't need glasses or never have. but now at 36 things aren't quite as clear as they once was. I hope your vision continues to improve.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It's actually not all that strange. Chances are, it happened earlier on and you just hadn't had your eyes checked recently. It's not that uncommon for puberty and hormone changes to affect your vision. I wore glasses full time during my teen years, but as an adult, I was able to switch to only needing them when driving at night. My eyesight improved after my hormones settled down and stopped messing me up.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I started wear glasses at the age of 35. My case is just the normal eyesight failure due to aging. Yours is amazing with the decrease in RX as you age. Mine is just increasing by .25 yearly. I am still thankful that I only have to use eyeglasses during reading, thus, no full dependence is needed. My distance RX is still low which is still very manageable without glasses. My sons are both nearsighted and so they have to wear glasses all the time.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear glasses and I hope I don't have to for a long time. For the most part my family has had pretty good eyesight and almost no one used glasses when they were young, so the genes are already on my side. I also make it a point to take very good care of my eyes, I love to read and having to look for my glasses every time I want to read anything seems like more trouble than I could ever want. I know I will eventually need to use them, but I'm hoping when I do it'll be because of old age.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That might be something like that, in the past 25 years I've seen an eye doctor maybe only once or twice, so possibly the eyes have the ability to regenerate themselves? It was way after puberty though the last time I checked them, so I think that when we don't wear them all the time the eye might indeed get better.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have astigmatism, and I am nearsighted. A few years back, I started wearing glasses because my eyesight has been getting worse. Also, I have been having headaches. Now, I wear my glasses all the time especially when I am in front of the computer.

8. jackie1990

jackie1990New Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses mostly in the comfort of my own home because as time goes by I am much to vain to be sen in public with them. I mostly wear contacts and I have needed some form or prescription since I was eight years old. I'm not lucky enough to have my Rx decrease in power as I age but I do hope to one day have the Lasik procedure performed.

9. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses. I've been wearing them since I was 5. I have progressive myopia, so every year it gets worse and I need new glasses. Also with time they've gotten more expensive as I need better and thinner lenses. Without glasses I can only see about 6 inches away from my face before everything is too blurry.

10. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    No I don't but I wish I look good in a pair then I could wear a fake pair just to look more professional during business meetings.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not have eyesight problem, hence do not wear glasses. I am really blessed to have good eyes. However, I also think glasses are really cool and looks good on a certain individual. I believe there are spectacles available for all kinds of people and make them look good. However, one must keep trying out different kinds of them to find the best one for them. I would love to have a spectacle that would look good on me.

12. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have worn glasses almost my entire life. My vision is pretty bad. I would love to get surgery to correct it. If my eyes started to get better on their own it would be a miracle! I'd jump around and dance. Wearing glasses and contacts isn't so bad but it would be great to not worry about them.

13. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    You are very lucky !!! I have been wearing glasses since I was about 18. I can't remember life without them actually. I have an astigmatism so that is something that will not get better with time or age. I did try contacts when I was younger, but it was more hassle that it was worth for me. I enjoy wearing glasses now. There are so many beautiful styles and colors to pick from plus their trendy as well. Good luck to you and I hope your vision continues to improve. How nice would it be if you improved to the point you didn't even have to wear them again. :)
    :)

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have worn glasses since I was 18, because I noticed that I can't see the things being written on the white board anymore. It turns out that I have myopia. I can still read a book without glasses, but when I look at the pc monitor I now need one since the images and letters get blurry.

15. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear glasses and never have, everyone else in my family does so the fact I don't surprises a lot of people. My siblings and Dad's eyesight has become worse with age and my Mom has held steady with the same prescription for years.

16. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear glasses although I sometimes I feel the need to have one. My vision is not 20/20 anymore and I'm having difficulty reading really small text. When I renewed my driver's license last year, I found out that I know have a 20/30 vision. I see clearly with my right eye more than with my left eye. :eek:

17. Gelsemium

Threads:
    How old are you eppie? I think it's just normal that with age we need to start wearing glasses because our eyes become tired from all the exposure to the sun, computers, TVs and so on and on. Also, we get old, so that is why I found strange that the opposite was happening to me, but I am wearing glasses since I am 7, so it's possibly a different case.

18. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I wish this would happen to me. I've been wearing glasses ever since I was thirteen. I'm twenty now, still wearing glasses, and every year I go to the eye doctor to get my vision examined. Every year my vision grows worse and worse. I would even take keeping a steady result and prescription! But alas, it always changes and not for the better. You're very lucky and fortunate for having your eye sight improve over time. It's encouraging to hear that such a thing is possible.

19. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I have had poor vision since I was a kid, but only started wearing glasses when I was 15. I'm not sure if it's strange, but my prescription hasn't changed for almost a decade. I thought there was no way but up, but I am mistaken. Thankfully, I wouldn't have to wear thicker glasses!

20. Gelsemium

Threads:
    How often do you go to the eye doctor caleb? I don't find it strange because the same has happened to me, or even better, I had my prescription decreased. From my experience I am lead to believe that when we don't wear glasses all the time the eye might regenerate itself, I think that might be possible.