Do you work from home?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by thelovelyone0 • Sep 5, 2013.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I work from home as a writer, affiliate marketer, and independent contractor. I also have a blog that I generate income from called the Virtual Employment Agency as well as a jewelry boutique. I have at least 20 jobs that I work on throughout the day for 12 hours or more. Yes, it is very stressful and tiring especially when I have deadlines. I thought that I would be able to do this full time for the rest of my life but I don't think that I can. I love to write so I will always execute writing assignments online part-time but as soon as I graduate from college, I'm going to start my teaching career and just focus on becoming a well known book author. Do you work from home and can you see yourself doing this long term?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do some online writing and task sites as well as sell on eBay.
    I don't think I can see myself doing the online writing and task sites for small amounts of money for the rest of my life, but I definitely want to build my eBay business to the point where I'm a full time seller.
    So I'm basically doing my dream job of selling my art online, but I'm only doing it part time because it's not profitable enough yet that I can let go of the other stuff.

3. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree! A lot of people sell on eBay and amazon; I have always wanted to make custom dresses and sell them on eBay. I think I'll do that after I have taken professional sewing classes. What kind of art do you sell on eBay? Do you mind providing a link so that I can check it out? ;)

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Good luck with the writing career, i also aspire to get on the same path, but not as focused as that. Because if i get a publisher and start to get headlines, i feel like i will rush things and then everything sounds forced.
    And unfortunately my work takes me everywhere, including home, but i also don't know if i can keep up with this.

5. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I envy you. For one, you have a sense of direction. You know what you want to do in life. I on the other hand is completely clueless about my future or what I want to achieve in the future.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I specialize in animal art like cats, and I also do coffee art, like pictures of steaming coffee cups.
    When I went to art school, I learned how to do fashion illustrations of women but people on eBay don't really go for that stuff so I realized years ago that in order to make sales I have to do paintings of familiar items.
    It's a good thing that I like cats and coffee.

I don't have any auctions listed today, but I'm working on some pictures so when I post my new listings, I'll share the link.

7. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I recently started working from home. I enjoy it so far. It's convenient while I attend school and take care of my family. I don't see myself doing this long term. I have to hustle, write articles, forums, etc.. A lot of work for little money. It works for now. I'll re-enter into the working field in about a year.

8. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I do work from home but I really can't devote a large portion of my time. Being a Mommy of 3, I have chores throughout the day. Sometimes, I can sneak in a couple of hours of work then I just come back when my kids are already asleep. So, as expected I'm not really earning that fast enough the way I hoped.

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you could say I work from home- I'm a child care provider. Not easy. But it keeps me home with my own little guy. I'm counting down the days until he goes to school though. I'm burnt out on raising other people's kids... been doing this for 17 years.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sort of? I guess? I do odds and ends online while I'm waiting for the kids to get up and start their day. I homeschool.. it's what I love and we "sacrificed" a second income so we could do it (I don't consider it a sacrifice). But I do miss having my own money, so I do this and that to create an account to be able to buy my own necessities and supplies for the kids and for outings etc. I make more than enough for all that, so I can do what I love and still be able to afford the things I need without feeling like a sponge :p

11. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Work? No. But whenever I am home for vacations and whenever I am free in college for an extended period of time, I hit the internet to earn something here and there. Nothing much but a little bit o extra pocket money for buying leisure stuff for which I don't feel like spending my money.

12. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I would love to work from home! I have been looking into different jobs that I could do from home, but I have yet to find anything. I would love to start my own online blog about being a stay at home mom, but haven't gotten into doing what it takes to make that happen. In the meantime, I take online surveys to offset minimal costs.

13. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Thank you! I felt the same say at first until I learned that one wouldn't need a publisher to be an author. You could be a self-publisher or independent author and do everything yourself. I am in the midst of pulishing two books next month on my own and it's free as well as easy. I've published a book before so it doesn't take much. And keep trying with the work from home thing. When I posted that post a while ago, I was unsure if I could continue to work from home; now, I know that working from home is for me. Good luck with everything!

14. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Mommy of 3? That sounds like something that would be interesting! Maybe you could create a blog about caring for 3 children and sqeezing time in to work from home. A lot of people would love to read about a life like that. It could potentially be extra income or turn into something big and subsidize your living....just a thought ;)

15. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    You can alway check out my site for legit work from home jobs,

. Work from home jobs include customer service, writing, accounting, transcription, virtual assistant, translator, and many more.

16. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I do some independednt contracting work, but nothing that I can rely on. It is mainly for a little extra bit of income. You can never have enough in this day and age.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do legal research in my area. I visit all of the courthouses that have cases that meet my needs, and enter the information into my computer at home. I have been doing this for 13 years. I like the freedom of working my own schedule. I would like to get more work in the future.

18. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    i dont. id love to but i dont think i would even if i could. i have a hard time staying focused at work, i can only imagine what it would be like from home...

19. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I have an anxiety disorder, so I have to work from home. I don't make a lot and I have to spend a lot of time on the internet to make a decent amount. But pretty soon, I'll be making about $2000 a month. Which, still isn't a lot, but it'll be more than what I'm making now. Twice as much as my boyfriend lol.

20. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I work my full-time job once a week from home which I do from 8.30am til 5.00pm and then do some extra stuff on the side to make some more money. I am quite fond of writing so there are a couple of sites I do some copy-writing for (stuff like coupon description, small adverts for businesses, etc). I do this more in my spare time and probably spend around 10 hours a week tops doing it. I don't get that much more, but every little helps when you're trying to live in London!

#20Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013