do your homework

Discussion in Travel started by roy835 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    There are so many ways to save money on travel these days that it can be surprising at times. Some of these deals are very obvious because they are strongly promoted to the general public. However there are hidden discounts that lots of people do not know about. But, if you would take some time to do a little research you would find that you could save significantly. In many cases, half the battle is just knowing that it can be done and that the information is out there. One way to approach the savings game is like this -- if or when you are wanting to buy something and it just seems a little to high priced -- that in itself is a big signal that indeed you could be paying a lot less. Once you realize that then just take some time to research online and most likely you will find a huge discount for the same thing.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good stuff.

Most people get ripped off simply because they don't want to spend a little time looking around to see if they can find a better deal elsewhere. These days there are so many price comparison sites that one shouldn't have an excuse for not doing some research so they don't have to pay for full-price for anything.

A good place to start:

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Denis Hard! You are absolutely right. I totally agree with you. There are many ways to explore this world in low priced. The link that you given above is really very useful for all. I also love to travel around the world and for this purpose I never ever scarifies for money. I just paid and enjoyed. I know it is not a good solution for this problem but what can I do I cannot stop myself to visiting around the world.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am someone who makes it a point to research any destination I plan to visit. I am the queen of being cheap and until I come into loads of money, like winning the lottery, I will not frivolously spend my money in another state or country. I take the time to find the best deals in hotels and even activities for me to engage in while I am away from home. It's really great and I have saved so much money by using certain websites online to help me navigate my way around a different state while on vacation. My boyfriend makes fun of me for it because he's more carefree but I don't care. In the end, we always save money.