Does anyone here do the Callanetics tape/dvds?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by sandooch • Sep 22, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Callanetics first became popular back in the 80s, but the original tape is still used by many today. It looks a lot like yoga, for anyone who is not familiar with it, and claims to make your body look 10 years younger within just 10 workouts. I don't know about that, but it is an intense workout and I did lose several inches using it back in the day. I pulled it out a few months ago and decided to try it. Boy, it is even harder now that I'm older and overweight. And the 80s fashion is a riot to look at, especially the short shorts worn by the man in the video. :eek: Fortunately, there is a newer version called Callanetics Evolution that has updated exercise wear and gives you examples of beginners, intermediate and advanced exercises of each move. I love this exercise dvd and just started doing it this past Monday. I couldn't walk for a few days after the first workout because I was so sore.

Does anyone else here do Callanetics?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, it's been a long time since I have heard that name. She is still putting out DVDs. That's impressive. In the late mid 90's I went to a studio that taught her exercises.