Does Anyone Here Use Ting?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Diane Lane • Nov 2, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems these days there are a lot of the 2nd tier cellular services, ones that piggyback off the lines of the major companies, and offer lower prices. I've been considering using this type of service for a while now, and have done some reading of reviews and looking at comments on social media. I thought I'd heard of them all, but then I stumbled upon Ting, and so I wanted to see if anyone here has used them, or has heard any good (or bad) reviews from people they know.

It seems with Ting, you can either bring a phone, or you can buy one from Glyde, so since they recommend Glyde, I don't know if the two are affiliated. It seems as if it could be a good way to save some money, but since I've never heard of the company before, I'd be a little apprehensive using them until I learn more.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of Ting being offered in this area. I would be for anything that would offer better plans. We are in a rural area here so I think that many of the offers that exist in the bigger areas are not available here. We also don't have Glyde available or Freedom Pop, Tmobile or other services. I am hoping to get some of these things, if I am able to move.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would be willing to try them out as a secondary phone, as long as I didn't have to sign some two year contract, and could instead just go month to month with them. I would want to see what their coverage is like first, before committing to them as my only phone. I switched to T-Mobile a couple years ago, after being on Verizon for over 10 years. There are some areas where I lose my T-Mobile coverage completely where Verizon didn't drop out, but when I am in a T-Mobile coverage area, my data speeds are much faster than Verizon ever was.

If you think about it, what's considered "2nd tier" coverage was generally what the carriers themselves were offering as their primary coverage a few years ago. So if you could get by on their networks back then, it shouldn't be much different now - perhaps just not as fast.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I heard of the service so I can't say much about their quality. However, I would definitely open to using a second tier service as long as their service is top-notch. I may accept them being a little bit slower as long as their ratio of price to quality of service is high.