Does Anyone Know If Chile's Gift Cards Expire?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • May 12, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've looked around, but I don't see anything that says the Chile's restaurant gift cards expire. I'm wondering because I received one a while back and haven't used it yet. I called the nearest location, and the gal said no, but she didn't sound too convincing.

I'd hate for it to go to waste, so if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info. I'm not a fan of

. It seems wrong to me.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    According to the website, they don't expire. Here's the link...

3. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    I would think there would also be a phone number on the back where you could also call to check the balance. They usually have something like that on them, and then if there is an expiration it's usually a monthly deduction after so much time of inactivity until the balance is gone, which they should also tell you on the back or at that phone number I would think. I doubt a restaurant gift card has an inactivity fee though, because it would be in their best interest for you to still use the gift card so they can get more money and a potential loyal customer.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I had one for around five years & absolutely forgot about it. Apparently a gift for something & clearly they were unaware that's not really my type of gift. I found it in a box, checked on it, & it was still perfectly fine. Sidenote: Ended up selling it.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the responses, and thank you for the link, missbishi. I was apparently on the wrong site. Silly me, looking under Chile's instead of looking under gift cards.

This is good news though. Not only will I use it and enjoy a meal, but I'll be confident in giving a Chile's gift card to someone else as a gift sometime. I mean, who doesn't like a free lunch now and again, right?

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know for a fact that every gift card from a large retailer states the expiration policy on the back of the card. Thanks to states like California, which have laws against gift cards that expire, many retailers now have blanket policies that keep gift cards active indefinitely. Only smaller retailers tend to let the gift cards expire or have inactivity fees.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That very well may be the case. That incredibly, ridiculously, small print on the back may very well explain the policies. I'll probably never know, since it is so small that I can't even make it out with reading glasses under full light. No one else I've asked could read it either, lol.

I guess they have technically complied, but if people can't read it, it doesn't actually do a whole lot of good. Thanks for the info though. Now, I just have to find someone with great vision to read my gift cards. Haha.