Does anyone shop at GoodWill?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by thelovelyone0 • Feb 17, 2013.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Recently, I went thrifting, and I had an amazing time. I went to an out of town Goodwill store, and I was able to find items that were somewhat new, and originally from stores such as, Forever 21 and H & M. I hadn't shopped at a Goodwill store in quite some time and so much has changed--I love it. The store looks like an actual store; the one thing I hated about thrifting in the past was how disgusting the stores were inside. The stores always had distinct smell which made me not want to shop there. Now, it is a clean environment with clothing worth buying, and wearing. I was wondering if any of you shopped at Goodwill stores?

2. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    If there was actually a Goodwill by me, I would absolutely shop there! They usually have the best buys at awesome prices! For now, I'm reserved to shopping at my local thrift shops and consignment stores. I also noticed, like you, that as the economy has worsened, thrift stores have become more popular, therefore they have better layouts and better items. Some stores, I will admit, still have that "thrift store" smell, but it is getting better. If your a huge fan of "thrifting", you should check out Thrifters Anonymous on YouTube. I love their videos. They specifically shop at Goodwills' all over the U.S. and show you great buys and outfits of the day from their finds.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have adventured in a few Good Wills in my life time, and they all smell the same to me...... Old and musty, which is why I always do a quick lap through the store and end up leaving. I guess I just haven't had the goodwill luck.

4. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Oh my goodness, I got so excited when you mentioned "Thrifters Anonymous" on YouTube because that is my favorite channel. You mentioned thrift stores have become more popular, and I never noticed until I came across their YouTube channel, as well as other channels. Most of their clothes come from thrift stores, and they look great! I am always watching their videos, and I can't wait until they start posting more. That was actually my motivation to get into thrift shopping. I got tired of spend $20 on one item. I went to my local Goodwill store, and purchased 5 items for $13; these items looked new, and from great stores. One item I purchased was from H&M, how cool is that. I don't see anything wrong with shopping a thrift store or Goodwill; I love clothes, and I don't care where they come from just as long as they are cute.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop there all the time but I haven't been in a while. They usually have some pretty good deals there whether it is furniture or clothes etc. Every now and again they have some things over priced, but most of the time there items are reasonably priced.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped at the Goodwill near me, but thanks for the heads up! It is just a short trolley ride away from my house and I plan on going the next time I get paid. I am due for some new blouses and a few pairs of jeans. Time to go spring shopping! I also like going to Ross when I have the time.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Goodwill shops in my area have slim pickings. I can usually find great used computers and computer parts. The good clothing and handbags are snapped up my people who resell on eBay.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite past time is thrift shopping. I call it treasure hunting, you never know what treasures you will find. I have found brand new items with the tags still on them. I get great items for gifts at the second hand stores.

One of the stores I liked changed hands, the price of the items have increased and the layout of the store became very cheap looking everything crowed together, you can hardly move. They used to have a 1/2 price sale day which new management changed to no sales at all.

I find if I want to something new and I have a choice of get it secondhand or not at all I will go for the secondhand item and maybe able to get 2 0r 3 items instead of one.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do. I'm not huge on Goodwill itself because they're more expensive than other thrift shops in my area and rarely have anything I want. I love being able to buy nearly new clothes for a fraction of the price I would pay for them brand new, though. Most of them are still in really good shape, too.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    If there was a Goodwill near me or any thrift store for that matter I would definitely shop there all the time. I grew up shopping in thrift stores, so I know the great bargains that can be found in them. Yes, it takes some searching but that's part of the fun, looking around to find something in your size that you like. I wish there was a Goodwill in my area because I miss being able to go to a thrift store to look around.