Does Anyone Still Go To A Travel Agent?

Discussion in Travel started by JoanMcWench • Mar 26, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm usually surprised to see travel agents who are brick & mortar. Is this still something people do when they have the ability to look & compare online? It doesn't seem to make much sense unless they don't have the ability or knowledge of online options.

2. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love being able to just type in when and where I am leaving, click a button, and have multiple results to see which will be the cheapest. I just can't see a reason for going to a travel agent when I can get it done myself for free and find a better deal at the same time. Priceline is my favorite because I got a room last year in the heart of the french quarters for 75% less than I could find it anywhere else.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that older travelers who aren't internet savvy are keeping travel agents in business. But eventually , people who don't use the internet will die out because this generation has grown up with internet access.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I still know quite a few people that prefer to book in store rather than online or by telephone. They'll do a lot of the research online, how much to spend and where to go etc but when it comes to actually booking, they prefer to do it face to face.

I've noticed a few in store exclusive prices as well recently, it used to be a lot cheaper to book online, now it seems the stores are fighting back.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    People still do especially companies whose employees travel a lot over the world. As for me I don't need a travel agency never use one before everything is available at your finger tips at your convenience.

6. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Right now I am quite adventurious in my travels. I want to prepare my things and book my flights on my own. The only difference is that having travel agent makes your travel more organized.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I agree.

Also, another type that seems to still be somewhat popular is young honeymooners. I think this is probably because their parents tell them that they should use an agent to book all of their travel and accommodations in a package.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't see anything wrong with using a travel agent. I think they are still useful. Even though is obviously loads of information online, it's not fool proof. You can't find out everything you need to know about a destination just from searching online. I'm planning a trip to New York City and Boston and am definitely considering consulting with a travel agent before I go.