Does anyone still need Snow Leopard?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by tjshort05 • Aug 29, 2012.

1. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same position I was in. I'm not big on upgrading my computer all the time . I found out I had to in order to buy a program I wanted. Apple's website stopped carrying Snow Leopard online. I found it on Amazon for $80 or more. Then I found out if you call Apple at 1-800-my-apple you can get it for $19.99, plus free shipping if you use the 7-10 business day option. I used the free shipping and got mine in 3 business days. I was so happy.

2. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    Snow Leopard is still widely used on older Macs that can't support OSX Lion or OSX Mountain Lion.

3. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I have snow leopard, but haven't gotten around to upgrading to Lion. I probably will in January, just so I don't run into the problem you're having, where I need it to use some software, but its not available in the app store anymore. I do hate paying for OS upgrades. Every time I have to, I find myself resisting buying anything from Apple for at least a half a year out of resentment, getting my music from anywhere but itunes, and looking for free apps instead of surfing the app store.