Does anyone use My Coke Rewards?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Dude • Apr 1, 2012.

1. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    I was recently reading over a bottle of Coke as I was enjoying it, and found out about their My Coke Rewards program. If you don't know what it is, it looks like you go to their site and punch in codes on the bottom of your cap for rewards.

Has anyone participated? Any tips? What have you guys received as rewards?

2. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I used to do coke rewards. You will log into the site and type in your codes. I think you are only allowed to do so many per day. Be extremely careful when you are typing them in. It is very easy to make a mistake, and it makes things harder. If you drink a lot of coke, the 24 can packs will give you the most points. It used to be that a 24pack would give you 10 points and a bottle would give you 3 points. I am not sure if they have changed it over the years.

I was able to get 2 personalized coffee cups for gifts. They were through snapfish, and I put my son's picture on them for his grandparents.

The points program is a great way to get some free items. My husband drinks a lot of Coke, and I should probably start doing it again. I just have a problem with him throwing away the box before I can get the points out of it.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't actively do it myself, but I know people who do. I don't often drink soda, so it's always been pointless for me to participate.

That being said, when I -do- buy a soda, I always take the code and send it to someone else. Or I've held contests with that as the prize before even, so it's worth paying attention to various sites where you're allowed to hold contests like that, because you never know who is willing to pass on their code.

4. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    Whoa! I don't even know that! I was probably not paying much attention to the soda and just drink it not knowing that I could win. Next time I'll have my soda fix, I'll check into that. Thanks for sharing!

5. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do Coke rewards because I drink an insane amount of Diet Coke. I earned a really nice hooded sweatshirt and other items from the Nike store, but it took awhile to save up enough points. I found that entering the codes was long and tedious, though, and quit doing it because I was tired of trying to keep up with it. But if you're good about logging on freqently and entering the codes (they're LONG, and there is a limit on how many you can enter per day), you can eventually work up to earning some nice things.

6. MegaZx

MegaZxNew Member

Threads:
    I don't use My coke Rewards mainly because after a while it gets to be annoying and too much of a hassle. The points also resets too so that is disappointing, but I do drink a massive amount of soda, which I've been trying to cut back on recently. It can take a long time before you get something good or if you plan on getting something then don't just let your points sit idle in your account.

7. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I always seem to forget about it so it's been a while since I've entered anything into my account. Plus, like a few other people mentioned, it can be a bit of a hassle at times. I'm pretty much on and off for this. Besides, it takes forever to rack up enough points to get anything good.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Pepsi used to do it, too. I don't know why they quit, but that meant that pretty much any time a plastic bottle soda was bought, there was a code on the inside of the cap. Most of them were for pretty low amounts of points or standard code counts. Sometimes you'd enter the code online and get a bonus, though, which was always nice.

9. paolochicha

paolochichaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm just a regular Coke drinker and I thought it would be fun to participate. I collected 180 points but by that time all the "good" prizes were gone. So, I opted to cash in for the Kodak photo album. Once done I was directed to the Kodak site where there were NO instructions. Neither was there anything on the Coke site telling me this was a "digital" reward. I proceeded to search the Kodak site and according to what I could figure out, I needed to enter a special code. So, I eventually selected an album and entered the code I thought was correct. It wasn't! I ended up paying for an album and have nothing for my coke reward!

10. satsumaac

satsumaacNew Member

Threads:
    I love the "My Coke Rewards" program. I collect the pop tops and the codes from the inside of the pop cases. I mainly use the codes to get free magazines. Some of my favorites are Fitness, Golf Digest, Country Living, Martha Stewart Living and Family Circle. It may seem like a waste of time, but it only takes minutes to enter the codes and receive those magazine surprises each month. I highly recommend it!

11. BestCrispAir

BestCrispAirNew Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of this! My fiance is a HUGE consumer of Coke products. We buy the 12 packs. Where is the number that I need to enter?
    I am very interested in this, even if it takes some time to generate some awards, I think it would be a lot of fun.

12. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried using coke rewards, but its kind of hard, because I just don't drink coke products of any kind. I tried to sign up for one of their sweepstakes, and was told I have to buy a coke product first and come back with the code. The problem is that I never remember to come back to the website to input the code :(.

13. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a member of the My Coke Rewards program for quite a while now, but it makes it a little more challenging to collect points especially since I'm not a big soda drinker. I'll drink Coke or Coke products once in a while which makes earning points very slow. My family members on the other hand are fond of soda so I ask them for bottle caps and 24 pack boxes after they're finished with them. So far I've earned enough points to subscribe to my favorite magazines or Blockbuster coupons for free movies and games. It's a nice rewards program especially for the Coke fans out there.

14. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. The good thing with me is that my office buys a lot of 12-pack cans of soda. I'm in charge of ordering and maintaining those kitchen orders, so I get to take all those points since no one really cares to have them. So far, I've gotten 3 different yearly magazine subscriptions that I really love going through, but would never have gotten myself if I had to pay. I think it's a great freebie and I can understand why Coca Cola would continue this program.

15. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I do not personally participate because I do not buy enough Coke products to really benefit from the program. But I think it is a nice incentive for people that do. I know they have movie tickets as a reward, which is probably what I would redeem points for.