Does it have to do with my fitness?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Muraki • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Muraki

MurakiNew Member

Threads:
    I do like to exercise every now and then but do not have time to take it really serious since I work mostly at my computer.

But I do find time every now and then to go and exercise harder on a little longer period, thinking that I'll strengthen my body but instead finding myself getting sick every time I exert myself. Some say it may be due to my immune system which is not used to exercise, so I was wondering can that really be the case? I don't think that I'm that inactive but if that would be the case what should I do?

If the solution is exercise but I get sick every time I do it, is there any other way?

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    There is more to it that simply exercising. It is a process and requires careful thought. First of all you should get your doctors ok before you set out to do any form of exercise. Next you have to figure out your nutrition, what type of exercise is adequate for your goals and are you getting enough sleep.

3. Evelyn Freshsmith

Evelyn FreshsmithMember

Threads:
    Of course there is. Key to fitness is eating right. Its 70:30 u see. 70% diet. 30% exercise. You have to intake all the nutrients as a part of your daily diet. From my personal experience, I used to sit by the screen for 10 straight hours, for 4 long years and it costed me dearly, had I been exercising regularly, there would have been no problem. Yes its a little difficult to cope but hey its you who are gonna pay later for all the workout u didn't do. So get ur bums out and go for exercise min 4 days a week and chalk out a diet plan and stick to it.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, it's best to see a doctor first because it's not normal to be sick most of the time. Who knows you already have some kind of a condition that needs to be taken care of. Also, don't delay, there's so many new types of diseases coming out and it's better safe than sorry. Go to a doctor, maybe he can also recommend the best type of exercise for your condition. :)

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    You're getting sick because you're pushing your body at random intervals when you really should be working up to harder and more intensive workouts. It's far better for instance to walk for 10 minutes a day everyday rather than struggle through running 2 miles once a week.

Start out slow and work your way up. That will let you work out harder eventually and build up your strength. It's also a much safer way to workout

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't exert too much on yourself. Just do what you can and after your workout, there should still be an energy left for you. Don't always push yourself to its limit because it will just get fatigue. And instead that you improve, you would get your body exhausted.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Use it or lose it.. you're in the process of losing it. When you sit long periods of time, you wither away and it will be that much harder to start building yourself back up again. You don't need to work out or lift or jump around or run.. you just need to move. Go for walks, biking.. anything that will get you out of your seat and moving more often. More than anything, you need to be eating correctly.. you need proper energy to get you through the day, especially if you're going to be exercising. I do agree you need to see a doctor.. you shouldn't be getting sick, although you didn't clarify what that even means.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You need to start out just walking or hiking for 20 minutes for starters and try to enjoy yourself as well, while you are out in nature. I would stick with this for awhile and it will build up your immune system over time -and also try and eat a healthy diet as well. They say people have different tolerances to stress-so be very light on the stressful workouts-and it will or should build your immune system up over time-but it just takes time I would say.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    High impact exercises like jogging or running also make me sick and so does sweating out excessively. As a child, I used to collapse just standing inside the church during a mass. We all have chinks in our armor and that's it for me. I don't push it and go for low impact exercises instead. I walk regularly, do zumba, lift free weights, ride a stationary bike. I make sure I do stretching exercises, warm up, and cool down routines. You can do all of those exercises in the comforts of your home.