Does the Dove "go sleeveless" deodorant challenge really work?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by AutumnFaith2012 • Sep 2, 2012.

1. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    OK, so I was shopping around for a new deodorant since the humidity here in the South just keeps getting worse and every time you step outside you automatically start sweating buckets. I was using Secret, but saw that Dove had a few more promises and claims on their label. The one that caught my eye was the "go sleeveless" challenge. The Dove deodorant says it will give you smoother underarms with a lighter or less appearance of hair within so many days. I figured it was worth a try especially since I need a little help in that area as well.

So my question, has Dove helped anyone else with dry, smell underarms? Does it really help the appearance of underarms and give you a great "sleeveless" looking underarm?

2. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Well the commercial captures your attention, I would guess, if there is a commercial. I hope it meets your expectations. I have not tried it. I will say this, try to get a deodorant that is aluminum free, as there are reports that using deodorants that contain aluminum could be a cause of alzeimers(sp).

3. workingmama

workingmamaNew Member

Threads:
    As someone that lives in the Deep South - southeast Alabama to be specific - I love this deodorant. It really does work, my underarms stay dry (even when the rest of me doesn't) and smelling fresh. What I love most of all though is that I really do feel like it has given me smoother underarms. Now I still shave everyday, but I'm paranoid about that and love sleeveless tops in the summer (well here in the Spring and often the Fall too :) ). The hair though is much lighter and finer, sometimes in the summer if going out at night I would shave a second time, but now I don't have to do that the hair just isn't there. I only wish the body lotions I have tried worked as well as Dove deodorant!

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I like Dove best because they have a scent-free product. But I really don't see a different with hair or smoothness and I've been using Dove for years. I'm a supporter of their girl empowerment too.

But I'm also concerned about adding chemicals to my body. So I use Dove when I know it's going to be bad and then I use my alluminium free stuff on better days. That was at least I get a little less chemical!

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have used this for a month I do not see any difference in skin tone or reduction of hair or sweat. Their advertisements are pretty compelling and most of my friends have tried it too and have similar feedback. I like dove only because it is mild and does not cause irritation as some other products do on my skin. I have never dared to go sleeveless during the time I tried it. I may try it again once the one I use now is over.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I usually use clinical protection dove and/or clinical protection secret because its the only thing that works for me. Unfortunately my glands are a bit too active for a girl but I did try this for about a month and saw no results so I switched back to clinical protection. Smells nice but didn't let me go sleeveless at all