Does Yogurt Help You Lose Weight?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's unwise to believe everything you read on the net especially in all matters where your health is concerned but this one appear to be legit. Today I read an article which made the bold claim that eating yogurt can help you lose weight because

Seems like something anyone who's trying to lose weight should try.

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Whilst those studies may be true the bottom line is that to lose weight in a healthy way you will need to have a healthy diet which may also include yogurt. Yogurt alone will not supply your body with all the nutrients and vitamins it needs. The key here is to couple your healthy diet with some form of moderate exercise.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would help out but I'm guessing it's just one of those articles that claim something but does't really deliver that much. I've been though a lot of weight loss programs and diet and so far, as far as I'm concerned, no food will help you lose weight ever.

Everything you put in your mouth, it makes you fat. The only way you can prevent it is by watching what you eat, don't eat too much and just plain old exercise.

Think about it, most of these studies say that this and that can help you lose weight WITH a healthy diet and regular exercise. So why not just diet properly and exercise daily like normal without having to buy some extra stuff? It's all the same.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes My sister is a medicine student, and when I asked her she said that it really does because of the living organisms present in that cleans your colon, which if contains a lot of dirt or some sort, causes one to gain weight as it slows down metabolism. For effective digestion and optimum absorption of the nutrients you get from the food that you eat, it's best to incorporate those bacteria in your diet and you can get through yogurt. Just make sure that your yogurt doesn't have excessive harmful additives like too much of sugar and high fructose corn syrup.

5. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I replaced some of the unhealthy snacks I ate for yoguart and I lost weight. I think it may be that I swapped cookies for an healthy alternative.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yoghurt merely is used as an alternative snack instead of a bag of chips or cookies. It still contains dairy and fat though there are healthier versions with fruit and fat free versions. It can help you lose weight just as having soup as a meal instead of a sandwich can, but I don't think it helps you to lose weight specifically.

It's no good for vegans for people who are lactose intolerant. I see people replacing yoghurt for meals which isn't healthy either, it may fill people up, but isn't a complete food.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What kind of yogurt were they testing? Were the women replacing meals with it? I would imagine eating that much yogurt, they were eating less of whatever else they eat in a day. I can't imagine it "burned fat" lol. I'd also like to read how they know it's a great source of calcium. The only way yogurt is good for you is if you make it yourself.

A quick search brought me to this, if it helps anyone and they absolutely have to eat yogurt. Which, again, I would suggest making your own as the stuff in grocery stores is actually junk food.

Yogurt buyer's guide

How to read the scorecard

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    It did help me. I was on a diet before. I only ate yogurt, fruits, and fish. In just two weeks, I lost weight. Sadly, my immune system also became weak. I got sick for a week, and my doctor told me that drastically changing the way I ate was the reason why my immune system weakened. Having a balanced diet and exercising are still the best ways to lose weight.