Dog accessories and clothes

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Sep 1, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I noticed that more and more pets are being taken to malls and other public places such as parks with clothes and shoes on. Some of them also have accessories such as caps and jewelry. When I visited our local pet store, they have a lot of pet clothes on sale because of the rising demand. I bought some to try on my cats, but they didn't really like it.

There are also times when I receive invites to pet shows especially during Halloween and Christmas Day. Personally, I think that shopping for dog outfits is okay as long as it doesn't hinder the movement and comfort of the animals. However, I don't agree that too much accessories should be put on them because frankly, they just look uncomfortable.

What do you think about dog accessories? Are you going to purchase these given the chance?

2. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    In my personal opinion, it depends on what the accessory is. I really love my dog, but that doesn't mean I have to show that to him by buying worthless Halloween costumes. Some clothing accessories are great to have around, such as a rain coat for when you want to go for a walk but the weather's not that good. It's really important that the dog's movement isn't affected by the clothing. If it is, then you should not buy it.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dog accessories and clothes are a waste of money IMO.

Nonetheless if someone feels their pet would look much better [dressed] then buying their pets clothes and accessories if fine by me. Since pets don't need clothes to look cute, mine won't be getting [fancy pet clothes] any time soon. I only hope that [this] dressing of pets is nothing more than just a passing fad.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm hesitant even in putting on a collar for dogs and would much rather them not have to wear it if only it weren't necessary. I have nothing against other people dressing up their pets but I personally think it's unnecessary and wasteful, not to mention probably uncomfortable for the pets themselves.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    NO NO NO NO NO! Why do people insist on dressing their dogs up in silly outfits? My friend does it, she bought her dog a coat so he doesn't get colds, he's already got a coat of fur on! The people who sell this stuff must be laughing in the back room because they can not believe people are silly enough to buy their dogs little hats and boots!

6. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'd never do this myself, especially to go out for a walk!
    The only thing my dog has ever worn is her collar and a shirt when it's very cold in the Winter, nothing else.
    I don't see why people like this, dogs aren't meant to be wearing shoes and hats....

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think it's necessary. If I live in a cold country, then I might consider doing that to protect them from the winter temperature, but since I live in a tropical country, I won't buy those things. Maybe if I would like to waste money if ever I have more than enough for my basic needs, then that's the only time I would dress them up and take pictures of them wearing it.