Dog breath

Discussion in Pets started by jleadbet • Sep 21, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried a dog treat that actually helped your dog's breath? We brush his teeth about every other day and use a product help with tarter and that sort of thing. He's been a little stinky for about a month. We didn't change his diet. I'm not sure what else to try.

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    You seem to be doing all it takes to keep bad breath away, I wonder if it has to do with his digestion. Has he had problems in this area lately? I have noticed that when my dog has problems with digestion her breath smells awful. I hope someone comes along with some suggestions.

3. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I think certain hard-based treats are supposed ti help with that. Is the dog outside a lot? is it possible that it's eating something that you may not know about? We have that problem every now and then.

4. Strawberries

StrawberriesNew Member

Threads:
    Blehhh dog breath is the worst, my old dog has TERRIBLE breath! He won't tolerate tooth brushing, so I got some Hartz "Crunch 'n Clean" treats, they help a ton with stinky breath and both my dogs go crazy over them! My neighbor also suggested putting a spoon full of PLAIN yogurt in their food, and that actually helped a lot too. The other day at the pet store I saw some stuff you put in their water to help with breath too that is suppoed to be the equivalent to brushing their teeth, but I can't remember what it's called.

Hope your find a solution to your dog's smelly breath! :)